Pharmacology of Infectious Diseases & Immunizations for Advanced Practice Clinicians is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Dec 04, 2019 at Holiday Inn Philadelphia-Cherry Hill, Cherry Hill, New Jersey, United States of America. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 6.3 Contact hours / 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
• Advanced Practice Nurses
• Clinical Nurse Specialists
• Nurse Practitioners
• Physician Assistants
Attend this seminar and learn proper prescribing, patient education and monitoring procedures for a variety of drug regimens used to treat common acute and chronic infectious diseases. Choosing an antibacterial agent can be challenging, given the plethora of drugs available on the market and the emerging trend in bacterial resistance.
You will learn the pharmacology of different classes of antimicrobials used to treat infectious disease states encountered in clinical practice. Discover the spectrums of activity, pharmacokinetic characteristics and parameters for monitoring therapeutic outcomes. Emphasis is placed on the new antimicrobials and advances in evidence-based treatment guidelines. You will leave this seminar better prepared to design appropriate and cost-effective drug regimens for improved therapeutic outcomes.
• Analyze the major classes of antibiotics and their pharmacokinetic characteristics.
• Apply current evidenced-based approaches to select appropriate treatment regimens for common infections encountered in clinical practice.
• Prescribe antimicrobials based on empiric dosing recommendations.
• Plan goals of therapy and parameters for monitoring therapeutic response to antimicrobials.
• Recommend specific antimicrobial therapeutic drug monitoring to maximize efficacy and minimize toxicities (e.g., vancomycin and aminoglycosides).
• Develop preventative strategies to limit antimicrobial resistance.
• Design patient and caregiver education on the proper use of antimicrobials.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Early Fee||14 Nov,2019||USD 219.99|
|Single Registration - Conference Fee||03 Dec,2019||USD 249.99|
|2 plus Group per Person - Conference Fee||03 Dec,2019||USD 219.99|
|Coordinator - Conference Fee||03 Dec,2019||USD 30.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news