Personality Disorders: The Challenges of the Hidden Agenda is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Dec 03, 2019 at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chicago North-Waukegan-Gurnee, Waukegan, Illinois, United States of America. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6.3 contact hours / 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
• Social Workers
• Case Managers
• Addiction Counselors
• Marriage & Family Therapists
• Other Mental Health Professionals
The client whose problems meet the DSM-5® criteria for a Personality Disorder can be the most difficult client in your caseload to treat. They may require more time in therapy, more energy and involvement on your part, experience a greater number of life crises, and create more upset with their family, work, and social systems than virtually any other diagnostic group. Often being “sent” for therapy rather than choosing therapy, their motivation for change may be limited and their personality disorder is likely-co-morbid with other exacerbating disorders.
Join Gregory W. Lester, PhD, and take home an integrated approach for working with these challenging clients.
• Evidence-based skills for successful treatment
• Techniques to assess and treat comorbid personality
• A framework for treatment planning
• Skills to assist the client toward greater coping and adaptation
• Categorize the essential characteristics of each of the personality disorders in DSM-5® for clinical assessment.
• Determine the “hidden agendas” of each of the personality disorders as they relate to case conceptualization.
• Describe how transference and countertransference can affect clinical management and treatment outcomes.
• Explain the boundary violation traps inherent in each of the personality disorder relationships as it relates to clinical treatment.
• Utilize tools to assess treatability and prognosis early on in the therapy.
• Evaluate the efficacy of various treatment methods for personality disorders including DBT and CBT.
• Manage client’s suicidality, self-injurious behavior and violence with clinical strategies.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Regular Fee||02 Dec,2019||USD 249.99|
|2 Plus Group Rate: per person Fee||02 Dec,2019||USD 219.99|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Early Fee||13 Nov,2019||USD 219.99|