Personal Care Attendants (PCAs) / Assistants in Nursing (AINs) Aged Care Seminar is organized by Ausmed Education Pty Ltd and will be held from May 27 - 28, 2019 at Mercure Brisbane, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
11 Hours.0 Min
Personal Care Attendants (PCA), Assistants in Nursing (AIN), and other carers in aged care are crucial to the wellbeing of older people. Attend this seminar and improve your understanding of:
• How pressure ulcers develop and how to prevent them
• Why skin is an important measure of health
• Why deterioration occurs and what to do
• Why falls happen, their consequences, and how to prevent them
• Feeding and nutrition
• Talking appropriately with residents and relatives
• Elder abuse
Need for Program:
PCAs, AINs, and other carers now represent the main workforce in aged care. The increasing complexity of the special needs of older adults is resulting in a greater demand for more comprehensive quality care. Today’s aged care workforce demands caregivers to have fitting and high calibre skills and knowledge to ensure the wellbeing of this vulnerable population.
Purpose of Program:
The purpose of this seminar is to provide PCAs, AINs, and other carers who work in residential and community aged care with new knowledge and skills relating to the comprehensive care of older adults.
At the conclusion of this program it is expected that the participants will be able to:
• Older adults whose condition is deteriorating will be rapidly identified and the appropriate action initiated.
• Meaningful conversations between residents, relatives and staff will be enhanced.
• Pressure injuries in older adults will be prevented as a result of improved knowledge of skin health.
• Residents requiring assistance with feeding will be properly nourished to maintain their wellbeing.
|Contact No. :||(03) 9326 8101
33 107 354 441
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Two Days Fee||27 May,2019||USD 540.00|
|One Day Fee||27 May,2019||USD 410.00|