Pediatric bronchoscopy Course is organized by European Respiratory Society (ERS) and will be held from Oct 07 - 09, 2019 at Biotechnology Antonio Cardarelli Center, Naples, Campania, Italy.
This course is aimed at pulmonologists who want to train in diagnostic and therapeutic interventional pulmonology. The course is devoted to hands-on workshops and also to teaching the theoretical aspects of bronchoscopy. The participants will have the opportunity to practice live bronchoscopy (using pigs and sheep).
An application will be made to EACCME for CME accreditation of this event. The number of credits that you will receive corresponds to your attendance during the course. Please note that you need to sign the register of attendance each day to ensure that you receive the CME credits.
Theoretical aspects of bronchoscopy in children (25% of the course) Topics include:
• Equipment needed to set up a bronchoscopy in children (flexible & rigid bronchoscopy)
• Indications, contraindications
• Anaesthesia, sedation, tolerance, side effects
• Anatomical findings: upper and lower airways (normal/abnormal)
• Bronchoalveolar lavage (techniques, indications, results)
• Bronchial brushing, endobronchial biopsy, transbronchial biopsy
• FB in NICU/PICU
• Video sessions with case discussions (25% of the course)
Hands-on sessions (50% of the course) Participants will work on anesthetized animals in an operating room under the supervision of international recognized tutors. Six sessions lasting 90 minutes will focus on:
• Practical handling
• Bronchoalveolar Lavage
• Bronchial biopsy, mucosal brushing
• Transbronchial biopsy
• Intubation with the flexible bronchoscope
• Foreign body extraction
• Balloon dilatation.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||+41 21 213 01 01
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Non-ERS Members Registration Fee||06 Oct,2019||EUR 1560.00|
|ERS Members Registration Fee||06 Oct,2019||EUR 1360.00|
Hotel Exe Majestic,
Largo Vasto a Chiaia, 68,
Naples, Campania, Italy 80122,
+39 081 416500
Hotel Piazza Bellini,
Via Santa Maria di Costantinopoli, 101,
Naples, Campania, Italy 80138,
+39 081 451732
Corso Umberto I, 55,
Naples, Campania, Italy 80132,
+39 081 551 7055