PBI Medical Record Keeping (MR-17) is organized by Professional Boundaries Education and will be held from Dec 07 - 08, 2019 at UCI Student Center & Event Services, Irvine, California, United States of America.
17 CME/CE hours
Deficiencies in medical record keeping is a common reason for referral to a remedial course, yet many clinicians fail to recognize why they are being held to account for what they may consider a chore—even a distraction from patient care. Our course illustrates why the process of keeping complete, clear, and accurate medical records is critical to the responsible provision of patient care and explores perceived obstacles to adhering to better practices. The pre-seminar review of provided medical records sets the stage for the in-person, interactive instruction in standards of record keeping, including trouble-shooting to ensure that newfound habits can be maintained.
Professions this course is suitable for:
Physicians, physician assistants, nurses, veterinarians, dentists, podiatrists, and other clinicians.
This course addresses issues such as:
• Incomplete or illegible records
• EMR and coding inaccuracies
• Other record keeping deficiencies as determined by employer, regulator, or law
• Understand and implement the regulations and laws regarding medical record keeping
• Improve documentation in support of appropriate billing codes
• Document with clarity to reduce misinterpretation and errors
• Provide improved documentation for risk management
• Apply improved skills for maintaining electronic medical records
|Contact No. :||904-800-1237
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Flat Rate||10 Jan,2020||USD 1350.00|