Pain Rehab Approaches for Every Practice Setting 2019 is organized by Mayo Clinic and will be held from Feb 11 - 15, 2019 at Caribe Hilton, San Juan, Puerto Rico, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is Health care providers who manage patients with chronic pain in specialities to include: internal medicine, family medicine, paediatrics, adolescent medicine, neurology, pain, gastroenterology, rheumatology, orofacial pain, psychology, advanced practice nursing and other specialities providing care for chronic pain. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 21.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
This course will provide practical strategies for managing persistent pain with specific emphasis on minimizing low-yield diagnostics, reducing opioids and polypharmacy, and improving functional outcomes across the lifespan.
Course topics will provide evidence-based strategies for any health care provider faced with assessing and managing complex pain disorders with multiple comorbidities in outpatient settings.
Presenters are experts in primary care, neurology, facial pain, digestive disorders, internal medicine, rheumatology, addiction psychiatry, pharmacy, pain psychology, adult and pediatric pain management and anesthesiology, and other subspecialties. Treatments discussed are based on more than 40 years of successful clinical experience at the Mayo Clinic including chronic pain rehabilitation.
Course Highlights :
• When to end the “unending” medical work up in complex pain patients
• How to taper opioids and address polypharmacy and unhelpful pharmacy
• How to change the conversation from “cure” to “living well despite pain”
• How to navigate the intersection of addiction and pain
• Strategies to engage patients in managing their symptoms using a functional restoration approach
Learning Objectives :
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
• Determine when diagnostics are sufficient to indicate the need for interdisciplinary pain care.
• Articulate principles of interdisciplinary functional restoration treatment for chronic pain disorders.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||1-800-323-2688|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Physicans and Scientists - Fee||10 Feb,2019||USD 850.00|
|Residents, Fellows, PA’s, Nurses, Allied Health and Retirees - Fee||10 Feb,2019||USD 750.00|