Optimizing Communication for Excellence Course
Optimizing Communication for Excellence Course is organized by University of British Columbia Continuing Professional Development (UBC CPD) and will be held on May 17, 2019 at The Arbutus Club, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Family physicians, specialists, IMGs, midwives, nurse practitioners, physical therapists, occupational therapists, residents/students, and other healthcare providers
28.5 Mainpro+ (3 cr/hr)
9.5 MOC Section 3
The ability to effectively communicate with patients, colleagues, and staff plays a vital role in the overall enhancement of our healthcare as both patient-centered and inter-professional communication are proven to be associated with improved outcomes. This full-day, interactive course provide tools necessary to succeed in the landscape of today’s healthcare system by using a simple 4-stage communication framework. To support ongoing learning and application, this program incorporates post-program activities, including check-in and coaching sessions following the live workshop. These activities provide opportunities to share - with trusted peers and program facilitators - insights, successes, and challenges in a safe and positive learning environment.
• Apply an evidence-based model to enhance communication-skills for healthcare providers.
• Recognize common challenging communication patterns that can arise in healthcare-related environments and relationships.
• Identify and apply the qualities of a learning conversation for the purpose of effective communication with patients and colleagues.
• Practice applying a structured communication approach to clinically relevant scenarios and cases, utilizing peer and facilitator feedback.
• Identify and commit to incorporating newly-honed communication skills in one’s own professional environment for the purpose of improved patient and physician/self-satisfaction.
|Contact No. :||604 675 3777
Conference Fee Details
|Conference Fee||:||USD $475.00|
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|