Oppositional, Defiant & Disruptive Children and Adolescents: Non-medication Approaches to the Most Challenging Behaviors is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Dec 05, 2019 at Houston Marriott Sugar Land, Sugar Land, Texas, United States of America. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 6.3 contact hours.
• Social Workers
• Marriage and Family Therapists
• Speech-Language Pathologists
• School Guidance Counselors
• Case Managers
• School Administrators
• Educational Paraprofessionals
• Occupational Therapists & Occupational Therapy Assistants
• Other Helping Professionals that Work with Children
Children and adolescents with ODD, ADHD, Asperger’s, anxiety, mood and disruptive disorders provide constant clinical, school and parenting challenges. Attend this seminar and learn new, effective non-medication strategies for your client’s most challenging behaviors including:
• Running out/away
• Refusing to work/help
• Panic/anxiety reactions
• Lack of follow through
• Not following directions
You will walk away with immediate strategies for out of control behaviors and techniques for emotional regulation along with long-term treatment strategies to help kids at home and school. Jennifer Wilke-Deaton is a clinical expert and has worked with the most challenging kids both in clinical and school settings. Through the use of case studies and action oriented handouts, you will leave this seminar with solutions to turn your most challenging kids around.
• Utilize clinical strategies to reduce the frequency, duration and severity of behavioral episodes that challenge therapists, educators, professionals and parents.
• Implement both proactive and reactive strategies for oppositional, defiant and disruptive behavior in children and youth.
• Discriminate between the clinical presentation of behavioral episodes and psychiatric symptoms to inform treatment.
• Communicate how a skilled observation of behavior informs your treatment approach.
• Develop clinical skills for establishing a therapeutic rapport to overcome treatment resistance in children and adolescents.
• Effectively develop a behavior intervention plan and safety plan across all settings including home and school.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Early Fee||15 Nov,2019||USD 219.99|
|Single Registration - Conference Fee||04 Dec,2019||USD 249.99|
|2 plus Group per Person - Conference Fee||04 Dec,2019||USD 219.99|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news