Occupational Therapy for Children with Developmental Coordination Disorder by NCORE
Occupational Therapy for Children with Developmental Coordination Disorder is organized by National Centre of Rehabilitation Education (NCORE) and will be held from Jan 14 - 16, 2019 at Royal Derby Hospital, Derby, England, United Kingdom. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 17.50 Credits.
This workshop is specially designed for Occupational Therapists who work with children with Developmental Co-ordination Disorder (DCD), including Developmental Dyspraxia, within the Mainstream School System. The course is suitable for therapists who are new in the field and also for experienced therapists who want to further expand and consolidate their knowledge into a systematic model of practice.
A model for differentiating different levels of motor functions and dysfunctions will be introduced as a framework for evaluation and intervention. Assessment and treatment procedures will be discussed on the specific area, e.g. neuro-postural control, praxis, perceptual function and perceptual-motor skills, different gross and fine motor skills. Formal lectures, small group work, video presentation and case studies will be used throughout the course in order to disseminate the information effectively.
Learning Outcomes :
After completion of the course, the course participants will be able to:
• Describe the development of the category of DCD that is now used as an umbrella term to include a range of motor dysfunction, including Developmental Dyspraxia.
• Differentiate different levels of motor functions and dysfunctions.
• Discuss the diagnostic criteria and issues related to different subtypes of DCD.
• Outline a general framework in the evaluation and treatment of children with DCD.
• Select appropriate assessment procedures and tools for different levels of motor function and dysfunction.
• Explore and acquire skills in specific Occupational Therapy evaluation processes and treatment strategies for children with DCD.
• Integrate the information presented into a specific Occupational Therapy Conceptual Model of Practice.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||(01332) 254679
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Registration Fee||13 Jan,2019||GBP 330.00|