Neurological Upper Limb for Occupational Therapists by NCORE
Neurological Upper Limb for Occupational Therapists is organized by National Centre of Rehabilitation Education (NCORE) and will be held from Oct 09 - 13, 2019 at Derbyshire Royal Infirmary, Derby, England, United Kingdom. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 11.25 CPD Hours.
This 2 day course is only open to those who have already attended the posture and balance upper limb, unless students are able to provide evidence of similar training within the last two years. The course is primarily aimed at those working in adult neurology but may also be of interest to those currently working in other associated fields. The course will include sessions covering the areas of applied upper limb anatomy, muscle mobilisation techniques and facilitation. A patient will be assessed and practical sessions will be based on clinical findings.
To present the current literature regarding dynamic stability of the shoulder complex and explore the application to clinical assessment and treatment.
• To present the current literature regarding the pathophysiology of common shoulder conditions and describe the impact on the dynamic stabilisers.
• To demonstrate key assessment tools to explore function of the dynamic stabilisers of the shoulder as a basis for treatment planning.
• To demonstrate key treatment approaches based on the current evidence to address movement dysfunction in the shoulder complex.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Use a clear clinical reasoning process to select a posture for a chosen function.
• Identify specific areas for treatment to improve upper limb function/movement.
• Effectively apply treatment techniques to effect a change in movement/function performance.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||(01332) 254679
Conference Fee Details
|Conference Fee||:||GBP £180.00|
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|