Musculoskeletal Medicine for Primary Care Providers 2019
Musculoskeletal Medicine for Primary Care Providers is organized by Johns Hopkins Medicine (JHM) and will be held on Sep 14, 2019 at Tilghman Auditorium, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America.
Primary Care Physicians, Community Physicians, Family Practitioners, Nurses, Physical and Occupational Therapists.
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The goal of this course is to educate primary care providers to enhance basic skills and competencies in evaluation and management of common ambulatory musculoskeletal (MSK) complaints. In this course, our approach is multi-disciplinary and comprehensive, with speakers from rheumatology, orthopedics, spine, sports medicine, physical and occupational therapy. Hence, we aim to bring together expertise from different fields of MSK medicine to focus on 1) what is new in this field, 2) how to improve patient care and clinical outcomes and 3) how to enhance provider skills and confidence.
After attending this activity, the participant will demonstrate the ability to:
• Differentiate inflammatory from non-inflammatory joint and back complaints.
• Design key diagnostic workup of MSK conditions including need for rheumatology, orthopedics, or sports medicine referral
• Describe basic principles of treatment with disease modifying agents in inflammatory arthritis.
• Describe basic principles of using injections and bracing in management of osteoarthritis.
• Define basic principles in the diagnosis and management of back pain.
• Identify the importance of medical optimization in orthopedic/joint replacement surgeries.
• Identify the role of physical and occupational therapy in MSK conditions.
• Discuss the role of psychological approach to pain management in MSK conditions.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||(410) 955-2959
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Physicians Early Fee||08 Sep,2019||USD 200.00|
|Physicians Late Fee||13 Sep,2019||USD 250.00|
|Residents/Fellows/Nurses/NPs/PAs/Allied Health Professionals Early Fee||08 Sep,2019||USD 100.00|
|Residents/Fellows/Nurses/NPs/PAs/Allied Health Professionals Late Fee||13 Sep,2019||USD 150.00|
Thomas B. Turner Building 720 Rutland Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news