Mindful Anger: The Art of Transforming a Difficult Emotion into a Powerful Therapeutic Tool is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Dec 11, 2019 at Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Sherman Oaks, Sherman Oaks, California, United States of America. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6.3 contact hours / 6.25 hours of continuing education credit.
• Social Workers
• Marriage & Family Therapists
• Addiction Counselors
• Case Managers
• Other Mental Health Professionals
Both of my parents repressed their anger. They were like two simmering volcanoes ready to blow at any moment. They treated each other, and me, with the kind of pervasive abuse that is harder to see than hitting. I too, eventually developed this unhealthy, passive-aggressive way of getting my feelings out.
By the time I got married, I was totally cut off from my feelings. I intellectualized my experiences. One day in group therapy, a man made a remark that triggered my repressed anger. I stood up, started screaming, and began swinging my purse around in the air. I had become the erupting volcano. I totally lost control.
After this event I felt noticeably lighter, freer. I sensed that there was value for me, and for others, in tapping into anger, getting it moving through us, and then releasing it.
I discovered that anger, it turned out, wasn’t a bad thing. Rather, it was the key to emotional freedom!
When I first became a therapist, there was very little information about dealing with anger – either the client’s or our own. Then, as strategies did begin to emerge – I found that they didn’t really work. Frustrated and wanting more for my clients, I set out to discover what was missing. I wanted to know what more needed to be done to help people truly heal.
After years of trial and error working with thousands of clients, I finally found the answer. I call it Mindful Anger.
The proven 5-step program for processing and releasing anger is based on mindfulness and has delivered healing for client after client, with an amazing 80% success rate. I will walk you step by step through the cutting edge strategies and comprehensive transformational process that can bring life-changing wisdom to patients of all types – attachment wounds, abuse and trauma. Find out how to use anger as a key to unlocking your patients’ past and present, moving them to greater self-awareness and emotional release, empowering them to make lasting change. Walk away with simple exercises, assessments and tools that you can use to engage your clients in the mindful anger process.
• Communicate how the application of mindfulness skills can create treatment breakthroughs for clients with any anger style.
• Explore techniques of mindfulness and body awareness that help clients identify and effectively respond to physical, mental, and emotional cues to anger.
• Evaluate the secret mechanism within the chain reaction of anger that provides the antidote to impulsivity.
• Implement 5 steps to support clients in identifying and processing old traumatic wounds to improve clinical outcomes.
• Determine the challenges of passive-aggressive behavior and utilize clinical tools for helping clients to eliminate this unhealthy pattern of coping with anger.
• Utilize mindful anger strategies to assist clients in improving self-esteem and developing resilience.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Early Fee||21 Nov,2019||USD 219.99|
|2 plus Group Rate: per person||10 Dec,2019||USD 219.99|