Medicines: Improve Your Knowledge Seminar is organized by Ausmed Education Pty Ltd and will be held from Nov 25 - 26, 2019 at Oaks on Market, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
The target audience for this medical event is Nurses. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 11.30 CPD Hours.
Medicines are one of the highest risk areas of practice for all nurses. This vital update will increase your confidence in:
• Preventing medicine errors
• How medicines act and are metabolised
• Safe administration and storage of medicines
• Common medicine interactions and side effects
• Where to look for credible medicine information
• How to educate patients about their medicines
Need for Program:
The administration of medicines is one of the riskiest areas of nursing practice and requires a thorough understanding of pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics. In this context, it is imperative that medicine interactions and unwanted side effects are readily identified. The combination of new and current medicines requires nurses to continually expand their knowledge and that of their patients. The onus for safe and quality practice remains with the professional handling of medicine. It is, therefore, imperative that nurses engage in evidence-based education.
Purpose of Program:
The purpose of this seminar is to provide up-to-date, evidence-based knowledge about the safe and quality use of medicines in nursing practice.
• Analyse key concepts in pharmacology, such as how medicines exert their action, why the body’s handling of a medicine differs between individuals, and how this relates to appropriate dosage
• Explain the reasons for different dosage forms and the advantages and disadvantages of different routes of administration
• Source and appraise information about medicines and explain to a student nurse or colleague how to find and identify high-quality sources of information
• Recognise circumstances that expose patients to medication misadventure and how to avoid them
|Contact No. :||(03) 9326 8101
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Two Days Course Fee||24 Nov,2019||AUD 540.00|
|One Day Course Fee||24 Nov,2019||AUD 410.00|