PBI Medical Ethics & Professionalism (ME-22) is organized by Professional Boundaries, Inc. (PBI) and will be held from Aug 02 - 03, 2019 at Wyndham Irvine-Orange County Airport, Irvine, California, United States of America.
Professions this course is suitable for:
Physicians, dentists, veterinarians, chiropractors, physician assistants, nurses, mental health providers, EMT's, physical therapists, students, and a wide variety of other clinicians.
22 CME/CE hours
Like all PBI Education offerings, this course is grounded in the premise that everyone has the potential to commit a boundary or ethics violation. In this course, participants examine how and why their professional practices, responses to stress, and personal or situational factors put them at risk for exercising poor judgment or rationalizing improper behavior.
Participants arrive at the seminar primed by the pre-course readings, assignments, and self-assessment exercises—springboards for the process of introspection and self-critique. Participant complete the course by producing a Personalized Protection Plan designed to avoid future wrongdoing, safeguard patients and colleagues, and honor the reputation of their profession.
This course addresses issues such as:
• Misrepresentation, falsification, cheating
• Financial improprieties
• Breaking laws
• HIPAA or confidentiality violations
• Practicing on an expired license
• Comply with standards of practice, codes of ethics, and state statutes
• Improve clinical decision making by minimizing negative influencers
• Adhere to professional ethics with resultant improvements in professional-patient interaction, which can improve clinical outcomes
• Reduce their potential transgressions through the development of systems that can be implemented into clinical practice
• Become aware of the early warning signs indicative of ethical dilemmas and boundary problems
• Create and implement a tiered Protection Plan to maintain appropriate boundaries
|Contact No. :||904-800-1237
Conference Fee Details
|Conference Fee||:||USD $1875.00|
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|