Mayo Clinic Hospital Medicine: Managing Complex Patients is organized by Mayo Clinic and will be held from Nov 06 - 09, 2019 at The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain, Marana, Arizona, United States of America.
This program is designed for inpatient care providers including physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants. Internal medicine and family practice, among others, are specialties that have practitioners who care for hospitalized patients.
24.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
Hospital Medicine is a growing medical specialty that requires a diverse skill set. Hospital-based health care providers must be able to diagnose and manage a wide variety of clinical conditions, coordinate transitions of care, provide perioperative management to surgical patients and contribute to quality improvement and hospital administration. This program is designed to ensure participants augment their skill set to meet these many challenges in an effort to enhance the delivery of health care and provide better patient outcomes.
• Interactive case-based presentations
• Clinical updates on important inpatient topics
• Review of current literature
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
• Compare the existing calculators for measuring perioperative risk of adverse cardiac events.
• Develop an approach to the inpatient management of chronic abdominal pain.
• Select the appropriate initial tests for the hospitalized adult with suspected adrenal insufficiency.
• Choose which patients with sub-segmental pulmonary embolism require systemic anticoagulation.
• Identify which hospitalized adults with atrial fibrillation require inpatient cardiology consultation.
• Select the appropriate antibiotics for patients with hospital-acquired pneumonia.
• Choose the appropriate next diagnostic test(s) for a hospitalized adult with obscure gastrointestinal bleeding.
• Develop a framework for the evaluation of acute renal failure.
• Accurately identify which hospitalized adults are at risk for alcohol withdrawal syndrome.
• State indications for surgical consultation in patients with infective endocarditis.
• List the potential uses of point-of-care ultrasound in the hospital.
• Differentiate capacity from competence in a hospitalized adult.
|Contact No. :||5075387229
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|General Session - MD, DO, Scientist, Dentist - Early Fee||28 Aug,2019||USD 775.00|
|General Session - MD, DO, Scientist, Dentist - Final Fee||05 Nov,2019||USD 850.00|
|General Session - Resident, Fellow, NP, PA, Allied Health Professional, Retiree - Early Fee||28 Aug,2019||USD 675.00|
|General Session - Resident, Fellow, NP, PA, Allied Health Professional, Retiree - Final Fee||05 Nov,2019||USD 750.00|
|Optional Sessions - Point-of-Care Ultrasound and Bedside Procedures Workshop - Early Fee||28 Aug,2019||USD 450.00|
|Optional Sessions - Point-of-Care Ultrasound and Bedside Procedures Workshop - Final Fee||05 Nov,2019||USD 450.00|
|Optional Sessions - ABIM MOC Learning Session - Early Fee||28 Aug,2019||USD 175.00|
|Optional Sessions - ABIM MOC Learning Session - Final Fee||05 Nov,2019||USD 175.00|