Mayo Clinic Electromyography (EMG), Electroencephalography (EEG), and Neurophysiology in Clinical Practice is organized by Mayo Clinic and will be held during Feb 24, 2019 - Mar 02, 2020 at The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, Amelia Island, Florida, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is intended for neurologists, physiatrists and physicians specializing in and practicing clinical neurophysiology.
Conference Description :
This course is designed as a review of techniques and topics pertaining to Clinical Neurophysiology which includes: basic physiology; pathophysiology; EEG; evoked potentials; EMG; movement disorders; and intraoperative monitoring. There is a focus on clinical correlation of various neurophysiological tests used for the evaluation of patients with epilepsy, sleep disorders, movement disorders, peripheral nerve disorders and neuromuscular disorders.
Conference Objectives are :
• Develop a logical approach to the use of standard clinical electrophysiological techniques in the evaluation of common and uncommon neuromuscular disorders.
• Identify technical pitfalls associated with NCS and needle EMG and determine methods to correct and minimize technical problems.
• Interpret the findings and clinical significance of abnormalities on nerve conduction studies.
• Recognize and interpret the significance of EMG waveforms on needle EMG.
• Identify technical pitfalls associated with EEG and the normal and variant patterns of pediatric and adult patients.
• Interpret the findings and clinical significance of abnormalities on EEG studies.
• Integrate the various clinical neurophysiology studies (evoked potentials, autonomic tests, sleep studies) in the evaluation of patients with disorders of the central nervous system.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.