Mayo Clinic Course on Shoulder Tendon Transfers and Complex Rotator Cuff Repair is organized by Mayo Clinic and will be held from Apr 25 - 27, 2019 at Mayo Clinic - Siebens Medical Education Building, Rochester, Minnesota, United States of America. The target audience for this medical event is orthopedic surgeons.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 23.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
General Session Total: 17.5
Session I - Cadaver Lab 5.75
Session II – Cadaver Lab 5.75
Course Description :
This course will provide cutting-edge presentations, cadaver demonstrations, and cadaver-based workshops on the management of complex rotator cuff tears and conditions affecting the scapulothoracic joint. The course will highlight the principles, surgical techniques and outcomes of tendon transfers around the shoulder joint and scapula, advanced arthroscopically-assisted tendon transfers, and alternative salvage procedures such as the reconstruction of the superior capsule, reverse shoulder arthroplasty and shoulder/scapulothoracic fusion. A portion of the course will allow attendees to perform tendon transfers on the whole torso and upper extremity cadaveric specimens.
Course Highlights :
• Focus on shoulder tendon transfers and complex cuff reconstruction
• World-renowned national and international faculty
• Cadaver lab using a whole torso with both upper extremities
• One-on-one faculty to attendee interaction during the cadaver lab
• Sessions dedicated to interactive, case discussions with faculty
• A gala reception, including dinner, live music, and dancing
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
• To describe the biomechanics of the rotator cuff and periscapular muscles and well as the relative biomechanical advangtages and disadvantages of various tendon transfers around to shoulder
• To explain how to predict which cuff tears are irreparable and how to best select various treatment options, including partial repair, augmentation, superior capsular reconstruction, reverse shoulder arthroplasty, and tendon transfers.
• To identify technical pearls regarding modern tendon transfers for reconstruction of shoulders with an irreparable rotator cuff tear, using both open and arthroscopic techniques, for posterosuperior tears, anterosuperior tears, or combined tears.
• To describe the value of reverse arthroplasty in the patients with massive irreparable cuff tears and the need to add tendon transfers in the same surgical setting, or to consider them after reverse if needed.
• To demonstrate the physical examination of the scapula as well as the various tendon transfers for dysfunction of the serratus anterior, trapezius, and others.
Time: 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
|Contact No. :||800-323-2688|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|General Session Fee||25 Apr,2019||USD 1100.00|
|Cadaver Lab and Case Studies Fee||25 Apr,2019||USD 900.00|