Legal and Ethical Issues in Behavioral Health in New Jersey is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Nov 21, 2019 at Holiday Inn Philadelphia-Cherry Hill, Cherry Hill, New Jersey, United States of America. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 6.3 contact hours / 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ / 6.25 Ethics continuing education credits.
• Social Workers
• Marriage and Family Therapists
• AODA Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Counselors
• Health Information Managers
• Medical Records Professionals
Without the proper legal awareness needed to stay in compliance, you may face grave legal and financial consequences. This seminar will show you how to continue to help the people you’ve been trained to help while still protecting yourself from many legal pitfalls. If you attend only one seminar this year, make it this one. Join attorney Lois Fenner for an entertaining and enlightening day and leave with a greater understanding of the latest New Jersey laws as they relate to behavioral health. You will take home practical strategies to minimize and manage legal and ethical risks and you will learn how to immediately implement these risk reducing strategies into your practice.
Conference Objectives are:
• Establish practices for ensuring HIPAA compliance to protect client’s privacy and minimize risk of litigation.
• Compare the different requirements for release of protected health information via subpoenas and court orders.
• Explore the legal and ethical considerations for the treatment of minor populations in New Jersey with regard to age of consent, confidentiality and custody concerns.
• Differentiate between the processes for voluntary and involuntary commitment for treatment and determine the clinician’s role in each.
• Develop policies on ethical issues such as restraints, seclusion and informed consent.
• Designate the treatment provider’s responsibilities relating to mental health issues and duty to warn law in New Jersey.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Early fee||01 Nov,2019||USD 219.99|
|Single Registration - Regular fee||20 Nov,2019||USD 249.99|
|2 plus Group: per person fee||20 Nov,2019||USD 219.99|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news