Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt is organized by Boston Children’s Hospital and will be held on Dec 04, 2019 at Boston Children's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America.
• Physician Assistants
• Nurse Practitioners
• Health Care Administration
Boston Children’s Hospital designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in this activity.
Boston Children’s Hospital designates this activity for 7 contact hours for nurses. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Boston Children’s Hospital designates this activity for 7 contact hours for pharmacists. Pharmacists should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Lean Six Sigma is a combination of two proven continuous improvement methods: Lean and Six Sigma. Lean Six Sigma is focused on creating value for customers by improving efficiency, safety and quality, while reducing waste and variation.
Build on the tools learned in the White Belt class to understand how to lead process improvement projects. Participants learn how to use a proven five-step methodology called, DMAIC, to drive change in their organization. Specific tools and topics are covered for each of the five steps and participants are given the opportunity to practice in small groups.
• Yellow Belt is led by real world practitioners, giving participants insight on how to apply these tools in their own job.
• The day is meant to be interactive throughout, with small group exercises, class discussion, video examples and active learning opportunities
• Included in the course: Team Charter, Value Analysis, Flow, Operational Definitions, 5 Why’s, Understanding Variation, Pareto Chart, Creative Thinking, Kanban, Visual Management, and Run Charts.
• Describe the concept of involving everyone in continuous improvement
• Explain the concept of leadership as part of everyone’s life
• Describe the background, principles and tenets of Lean and Six Sigma and how it relates to the hospital
• Explain Shewhart’s (Deming’s) PDCA/PDSA cycle
• Describe the current continuous improvement projects and effort at the hospital
• Define the meaning of a “process”
• Explain the five-step continuous improvement methodology, DMAIC
• Recognize a well-written charter
• Review the use of a process map for looking at flow
• Identify customer, operational and non-value added activities on a process flow diagram
• Discuss the importance of an operational definition
• Be able to recognize a well-written operational definition
• Describe the 5 Why’s tool. Introduce basic statistical concepts including mean and standard deviation
• Explain the Pareto Chart
• Discuss creative thinking techniques
• Explain Kanban concepts and implementation
• Explain the concept of visual management
• Describe the use of a run chart
• Design an action plan.
|Contact No. :||617-355-6000|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Individual Fee||03 Dec,2019||USD 499.00|
|Groups of 2-8 (Per person) Fee||03 Dec,2019||USD 499.00|
|Groups of 9-15 (Per person) Fee||03 Dec,2019||USD 450.00|
|Groups of 15+ (Per person) Fee||03 Dec,2019||USD 430.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news