Lean Six Sigma White Belt is organized by Boston Children's Hospital and will be held on Aug 13, 2019 at Boston Children’s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America.
• Physician Assistants
• Nurse Practitioners
• Health Care Administration
Boston Children’s Hospital designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits ™. Physicians should claim only credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in this activity.
AAPA accepts AMA category 1 credit for the PRA from organizations accredited by ACCME.
Boston Children’s Hospital designates this activity for 7.00 contact hours for nurses. Nurses should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Boston Children’s Hospital designates this activity for 7.00 contact hours for pharmacists. Pharmacists should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Lean Six Sigma is a combination of two proven continuous improvement methods: Lean and Six Sigma. Lean Six Sigma is focused on creating value for customers by improving efficiency, safety and quality, while reducing waste and variation.
Want to change the world but not sure how? Learn some important process improvement tools that can help drive change in your part of the world. This goal of this introductory course is to teach the mindset and tools that are fundamental to the success of Lean and Six Sigma in healthcare.
• White Belt is led by real world practitioners, giving participants insight on how to apply these tools in their own job.
• The day is meant to be interactive throughout, with small group exercises, class discussion, video examples and active learning opportunities
• Through the use of a simulated Emergency Department, participants get to apply six specific tools to improve a process: Eight Wastes, Process Mapping, Fishbone, 5S, Mistake Proofing, and Standard Work.
• Describe the concept of involving everyone in continuous improvement
• Discuss improving processes
• Discuss the reasons for change
• Explain methodologies for continuous improvement used at the hospital
• Recognize the requirements for change
• Discuss methodologies for embracing change
• Explain the need to view things from the customer’s perspective and practice empathetic listening techniques
• Practice in a simulated process
• Discuss some process analysis tools and identify 9 wastes
• Define flow and determine how to clarify the flow of a process
• Explain a fishbone diagram
• Describe how to report an adverse event
• Describe some continuous improvement tools and explain the 6S tool
• Explain the mistake proofing concept
• Explain the problem with variation in the process and how standard work helps
• Apply analysis and improvement tools to a simulated process
• Develop an action plan
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||617-919-9908
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Individual Fee||12 Aug,2019||USD 499.00|
|Groups of 2-8 (Per person) Fee||12 Aug,2019||USD 499.00|
|Groups of 9-15 (Per person) Fee||12 Aug,2019||USD 450.00|
|Groups of 15+ (Per person) Fee||12 Aug,2019||USD 430.00|