Laparoscopic Suturing Course 2019
Laparoscopic Suturing Course is organized by Dundee Institute for Healthcare Simulation (DIHS) University of Dundee and will be held on May 03, 2019 at Dundee Institute for Healthcare Simulation, University of Dundee, Dundee City, Scotland, United Kingdom.
The target audience for this medical event is attendees working in general surgery, gynaecology and urology. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 5 CPD Points.
Conference Description :
This conference provides laboratory based practice of advanced laparoscopic suturing skills using synthetic and animal tissue models. The course is aimed at CT1 or above, or consultants in any specialty who wish to refine their laparoscopic suturing skills. Participants are particularly encouraged to study effective needle handling and bite placement of both curved and endoski needles, interrupted and continuous suturing.
• Hints and tips of laparoscopic suturing.
• Port placement for Laparoscopic suturing.
• Effective and safe laparoscopic tissue handling.
• Interrupted and continuous suturing techniques.
• Personal tuition and feedback.
• Intensive practical sessions.
• Needle handling and bite placement with both curved and endoski needles.
• Intracoporeal surgeon’s knot and tumbled square knot.
• Extra corporeal knotting techniques.
Conference Objectives are :
• Safely introduce and pick up a 3/8ths curved and ski needle in an appropriate position to make a bite through tissue.
• Pass a needle and suture through tissues at suitable depth and distance for interrupted and continuous suturing.
• Tie a safe laparoscopic Surgeon’s knot.
• Create a laparoscopic tumbled square knot.
• Demonstrate continuous suturing, maintaining tension and completing the suture line safely.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||00 44 (0)1382 383400
Conference Fee Details
|Conference Fee||:||GBP £250.00|
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|