Laparoscopic CME Programme is organized by European Society of Coloproctology (ESCP) and will be held from Jun 05 - 06, 2019 at Johnson & Johnson Institute, Norderstedt, Hamburg, Germany.
The overall programme aim is to enable skilled laparoscopic surgeons to become proficient in performing laparoscopic CME with central vascular ligation. This is achieved in several steps:
Selection: Surgeons interested to participate in the programme will be selected according to selection criteria.
Course: Successful candidates will be invited to a 2-day hands-on course at the European Surgical Institute in Hamburg, Germany.
Proctorship: Faculty members of the programme will visit the candidates in their hospitals and proctor them for a number of cases over a period.
• Teams of two surgeons per hospital (1 lead surgeon, 1 assistant)
• Appropriate experience
• Lead surgeon should be proficient in laparoscopic colorectal surgery
• Minimum experience 50+ laparoscopic colorectal resections
• Board certified (e.g. EBSQ, FRCS, Specialist in General and/or Coloproctology)
• Institutional experience
• Annual turnover of colon and rectum cancer of >50/year
• Accessibility to appropriate laparoscopic infrastructure
• Letter of support by Head of Department/Hospital
• Two-day course in Hamburg, with the aims:
• To understand the evidence and rationale of CME
• To master anatomy, operative planning and quality control
• To achieve optimal results for individual patients
• To learn operative technique
• Hands-on operative training in high quality cadaveric models
• Minimum of 2 x 2-day visits with the aim to perform 4 or more laparoscopic colon resections
• Highly qualified faculty
|Contact No. :||+44 131 624 6040
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Course Fee||04 Jun,2019||EUR 1800.00|