Kinesiology Taping® Assessments, Fundamental Concepts and Techniques is organized by Motivations Inc. and will be held from Dec 07 - 08, 2019 at True Sports Physical Therapy, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America.
A Workshop for Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists and Speech Therapists and Assistants
This is a 16-hour course equivalent to 1.6 CEUs.
This two day course designed to introduce participants to the science, assessment and application techniques of the Kinesio Taping® Method. Lecture Tutorials of the history, science and theory of stimulus transmission through skin and resulting therapeutic benefit across efferent and afferent systems is reviewed. Corrections for Epidermis, Dermis, Fascia, Space, and Muscle in case study format are presented. Lecture and demonstration by the instructor, then participants perform the Manual Assessments and Movement Assessments. Discussion of the assessment flow charts to determine correct applications and general progression of treatment clinically. Day Two continues with instruction and demonstration of assessment and taping procedures for the Mechanical, Tendon, Ligament and Circulatory/Lymphatic Corrections in case study format. Time is allotted for questions and discussion of the assessment flow charts to determine correct applications and general progression of treatment clinically. Participants will receive a full color Kinesio Taping® Workbook and a 60-day access code to the KTAI database.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
• List 3 unique qualities of Kinesio® Tex Tape.
• List 3 different physiological systems affected by Kinesio® Tex Tape.
• List 3 contraindications and 3 precautions of using Kinesio® Tex Tape.
• List the best use for each type of Kinesio® Tex Tape.
• Describe and demonstrate cutting at least 4 different Kinesio Taping® application tape shapes: I Strip, Y Strip, Web Cut, X Cut, etc.
• Describe 1 situation where it would be appropriate to use each different tape cut.
• Demonstrate 1 of the 3 methods of safely removing Kinesio® Tex Tape from skin.
• Demonstrate the appropriate use of Manual Direction Tests for tissue and muscle.
• Demonstrate the use of Kinesio® Screening Assessments to identify target tissue for treatment.
• Demonstrate the proper application of Kinesio® Epidermis, Dermis and Fascia Taping technique.
• Demonstrate the proper application of corrective techniques: Fascia, Mechanical, Space, Functional, Lymphatic, Tendon, Ligament, and Muscle.
• Describe the difference between an underactive and overactive muscle correction application.
• Identify appropriate tension range for each corrective technique.
• Describe the difference between a ligament correction and tendon correction.
• List 1 condition that the Functional Correction would be used for.
• Describe the difference between “long and short oscillation” and “side to side oscillation” used in the Fascial Correction application.
|Contact No. :||(800) 791-0262
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Individual Registration Fee||06 Dec,2019||USD 565.00|
|Association Registration - Member of APTA, AOTA, NATA-BOC, ASHA Fee||06 Dec,2019||USD 515.00|
|Consortium Registration - Group Discount Fee||06 Dec,2019||USD 465.00|