Kinesio Taping Assessments, Fundamental Concepts and Techniques (Formerly KT1/2) is organized by Rehab Education and will be held from Jul 13 - 14, 2019 at New York City, New York, United States of America.
Who Should Attend:
• Who Should Attend:
• Occupational Therapists
• Occupational Therapy Assistants
• Physical Therapists
• Physical Therapist Assistants
• Certified Athletic Trainers
• Licensed Massage Therapists
• Doctors of Chiropractic
• Speech Therapists
• 16 Contact Hours
Arizona Physical Therapy Association:
This course has been approved by the Arizona Physical Therapy Association for 16 continuing competance contact hours.
Physical Therapy Board of California:
The Physical Therapy Board of California recognizes Rehab Education, LLC as an approval agency to approve providers offering continuing competency courses for CA licensed PTs and PTAs. This course is approved for 16 contact hours.
Indiana PT Association:
This course has been approved by the Indiana PT Association for 16 continuing education credits.
Maryland State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners:
This course meets the basic criteria of the Maryland Board of Physical Therapy Examiners for 1.6 CEUs.
Minnesota Board of Physical Therapy:
This course has been approved by the Minnesota Board of Physical Therapy for 16 CE hours of Category 1 continuing education credits.
New Jersey State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners:
This course has been approved by the New Jersey State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners for 16 continuing education credits
NJ Board of Chiropractic Examiners:
This course is approved by the NJ Board of Chiropractic Examiners for 16 contact hours.
Ohio Physical Therapy Association:
This course has been approved by the Ohio PT Association for 16 contact hours.
Virginia Physical Therapy Association:
This course has been approved by the Virginia PT Association for 16 contact hours.
Replacing the previous seminar titled “Fundamental and Advanced Concepts of the KinesioTaping® Method (KT1/KT2)”
A Kinesio University approved course. 2 day course designed to introduce participants to the science, assessment and application techniques of the Kinesio Taping Method. Lecture Tutorials of the history, science and theory of stimulus transmission through skin and resulting therapeutic benefit across efferent and afferent systems is reviewed. Corrections for Epidermis, Dermis, Fascia, Space, and Muscle in case study format are presented. Lecture and demonstration by the instructor, then participants perform the Manual Assessments and Movement Assessments. Discussion of the assessment flow charts to determine correct applications and general progression of treatment clinically.
Day Two continues with instruction and demonstration of assessment and taping procedures for the Mechanical, Tendon, Ligament and Circulatory/Lymphatic Corrections in case study format. Time is allotted for questions and discussion of the assessment flow charts to determine correct applications and general progression of treatment clinically. Each student will complete a short assessment of practical taping skills at the end of Day Two. Participants will receive a full color Kinesio Taping Workbook and a 60-day access code to the KTAI database.
During hands-on lab sessions, course instructor(s) will evaluate each participant’s techniques/skills learned to determine proficiency for course completion. Practical exam at end of course will assess your new knowledge. At the end of the course each participant will be given a course evaluation and a self reflective questionnaire. Participants are cautioned to apply new information and skills within the scope of state licensure law.
At the completion of the two-day program participants will be able to:
• List 3 unique qualities of Kinesio Tex Tape.
• List 3 different physiological systems affected by Kinesio Tex Tape.
• List 3 contraindications and 3 precautions of using Kinesio Tex Tape.
• List best use for each type of Kinesio Tex Tape.
• Describe and demonstrate cutting different Kinesio Taping application tape shapes: I Strip, Y Strip, Web Cut, X Cut, etc.
• Describe one situation where it would be appropriate to use each different tape cut.
• Demonstrate one of the three methods of safely removing Kinesio Tex Tape from skin.
• Demonstrate appropriate use of Manual Direction Tests for tissue and muscle.
• Demonstrate use of Kinesio Screening Assessments to identify target tissue for treatment.
• Demonstrate proper application of Kinesio Epidermis, Dermis and Fascia Taping technique.
• Demonstrate proper application of corrective techniques: Fascia, Mechanical, Space, Functional, Lymphatic, Tendon, Ligament, and Muscle Correction.
• Describe difference between an underactive and overactive muscle correction application.
• Identify appropriate tension range for each corrective technique.
• Describe difference between ligament correction and tendon correction.
• List a condition that the Functional Correction would be used for.
• Describe the difference between “long and short oscillation” and “side to side oscillation” used in the Fascial Correction application.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||845-368-2458
Course Fee Details
|Course Fee||:||USD $599.00|
|Early Fee||:||USD $569.00|
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|