JDocs: Introduction to Surgical Skills Workshop is organized by Clinical Training & Evaluation Centre (CTEC) and will be held on Jun 14, 2019 at CTEC - Clinical Training and Evaluation Centre, Perth, Western Australia, Australia. The target audience for this medical event is Junior Doctors - Interns, RMO/Residents & Service Registrars.
The JDocs: Introduction to Surgical Skills workshop aims to assist Junior Doctors in attaining an improved level of competence in the basic techniques required for minor surgery. Designed in response to feedback from Junior Doctors, this workshop features additional content specifically designed to meet the essential surgical skills required to apply for specialty training.
This conference focuses on the most commonly performed surgical procedures. Safety is emphasised as well as the hands-on consolidation of existing skills and the acquisition of one sound technique in each skill area.
Junior Doctors will be equipped with a reliable foundation in minor surgical skills, utilising RACS certified techniques. It is an excellent introductory level workshop in a supportive environment for participants with limited background in procedural skills.
○ Surgical Set Up:
• Instrument set up, hand hygiene, gowning and surgical prepping
• Educates participants in safe handling practices and appropriate instrument choice
○ Knot Tying
• Teaches knot tying appropriate to a variety of suturing techniques, including both single and double hand ties
○ Local Anaesthesia
• Assists in the safe planning, choice and administration of local anaesthesia
○ Suturing Technique
• Participants will take part in hands-on session teaching a variety of suturing techniques including mattress and subcuticular suturing
○ Lesion Biopsy
• A further hands-on session teaching sub-cutaneous skin biopsy and lesion excision
• A presentation and demonstration on the safe use of diathermy. Includes bi-polar, mono-polar, sonicision and laser techniques.
• A presentation on wound assessment, indications and types of dressings, and basic burns management.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||+61 8 6488 8695
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Non-WA Paricipant Fee||15 May,2019||USD 520.00|
|WA Paricipant Fee||15 May,2019||USD 460.00|