International Course on Public health approaches to Noncommunicable Diseases (5th Edition)
International Course on Public health approaches to Noncommunicable Diseases (5th Edition) is organized by Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER) and will be held from Mar 02 - 07, 2019 at Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India.
Program Managers at District/ Province/ State/ National level, Junior Faculty, Residents from Medical Colleges. Participants from Non-Governmental Organizations and Non-health sector are also welcome.
About the course:
The course focuses on prevention, surveillance and management of NCDs including mental health in the Indian, regional and global context. It will focus on sharing best practices and lessons from the experience of implementing NCD prevention and control program covering a wide variety of areas like health promotion, health system strengthening, quality improvement programs, multisectoral actions, surveillance etc. It will also cover National NCD programs and challenges of integration. The course will try to fill the gap due to lack of specific courses and knowledge with focus on public health approaches and is being organized keeping in view of requirements of Program managers, Public health professionals, Faculty, Postgraduate students in Medical and Public health schools globally. The teaching will be through interactive sessions and skill development by expert faculty.
Objectives of the course:
• To explain the epidemiologic, socio-economic and demographic transitions
• fueling the rise in chronic, non-communicaable diseases (NCDs)
• To discuss the evidence-base of different public health interventions for NCDs,
• To apprise about the global initiatives in the area of NCD prevention and control
• To identify and implement strategies for health system strengthening including workforce issues
• To strengthen capacity for monitoring the progress, research and evaluating NCD prevention and control policies and programmes
• To enable interaction between NCD program managers and public health experts in academic institutions.
• To develop operational research protocols based on the concept notes from participatnts.
LMICs/ Developing Nations: USD 200
Developed nations: USD 300
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Indian Participants - fee||01 Mar,2019||INR 10000.00|
|LMIC'S/Developing Nations - fee||01 Mar,2019||INR 200.00|
|Developed Nations - fee||01 Mar,2019||INR 300.00|