Identifying Children at Risk - Medical/Dental Collaboration for Pediatric Airway Health is organized by University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry and will be held on Aug 09, 2019 at The Henry, Autograph Collection, Dearborn, Michigan, United States of America. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 6 CEUs.
We look at the faces and breathing patterns of children with allergies/asthma and sleep disordered breathing; look at how this affects the child's growth, and an option to redirect facial growth. Enjoy a basic review of universal facial expressions and discuss how facial expressions can enhance head-to-toe assessment skills. The mouth is in the middle of the airway complex, and by raising awareness and working together; dentistry and medicine can improve outcomes for our mutual patients
At the completion of the course participants will be able to:
• Recognize the link between dental symptoms and medical illnesses
• Identify growth and development problems in children and learn methods to intervene and prevent long-term health sequelae
• Improve overall patient health by modifying your health history to aid in identification and referral for underlying medical issues
• Understand how facial asymmetry and malocclusions contribute to migraines, vertigo, neck and back pain, tics and other movement disorders
• Understand the need to coordinate medical and dental treatment to optimize patient health
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||313-494-6626
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Dentist Fee||08 Aug,2019||USD 275.00|
|Allied Fee||08 Aug,2019||USD 185.00|
|Detroit Mercy Dental Alumni: Dentists Fee||08 Aug,2019||USD 247.50|
|Detroit Mercy Dental Alumni: Allied Fee||08 Aug,2019||USD 166.50|