I.V. Sedation Training for Dentists is organized by Conscious Sedation Consulting and will be held from Jul 12 - 28, 2019 at 4M Institute World Headquarters - Advanced Dental Courses, Los Angeles, California, United States of America.
This IV sedation dentistry course is a comprehensive “mini-residency” and includes a minimum of 60 hours of didactic / classroom education and direct participation in administering IV sedation to 20 – 30 clinical dental cases while being observed. Advanced training in airway management and medical emergencies included. Total CE credits will be approximately 100 hours.
This course is designed to prepare the dentist to incorporate intravenous sedation into the dental practice.
• To prepare the dentist to incorporate safe IV sedation administration into practice
• Properly access and obtain appropriate medical history and assessment of patients to determine suitability of moderate sedation
• Understand the regulations and requirements of state legislation / dental boards, to adhere to national standards and guidelines
• To explain and understand agonist-antagonist effects and pharmacokinetic properties of commonly used sedative agents
• To recognize and react to medical emergencies while providing leadership and direction to others involved in resuscitative efforts
• Manage the airway using basic and advanced equipment and techniques
• Effectively utilize monitoring, pharmaceuticals and rescue equipment
Program is over 3 sessions as follows:
• 1 July 12, 13 & 14 (Didactic)
• 2 July 19, 20 & 21 (Didactic)
• 3 July 26, 27 & 28 (Clinical)
The participant must hold a dental or medical degree, must be licensed to practice dentistry or medicine in a given state and have current malpractice insurance. Current BCLS certification must be obtained prior to the course. Please bring proof of malpractice insurance coverage to first meeting.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||888.581.4448
Conference Fee Details
|Conference Fee||:||USD $3750.00|
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|