Hormone Advanced Practice Module 2019 (APM) is organized by The Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM) and will be held from Jul 18 - 20, 2019 at Grand Hyatt Denver, Denver, Colorado, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 18.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Course Description :
For some clinicians, hormone replacement therapy (HRT) in women and men is still considered the fountain of youth; for others, it has become a dangerous area fraught with considerable risk that is avoided completely. Controversies and disagreements abound regarding how to diagnose and measure hormonal dysfunction; how to address safety concerns in prescribing HRT; the form, application and dosage to use; and when and how to insert lifestyle, diet, nutraceutical and botanical treatments.
The Functional Medicine approach is uniquely capable of responding to the controversy surrounding HRT. The Functional Medicine approach is to look upstream and apply dietary modifications, nutraceutical supplementation, and other lifestyle changes before even considering HRT. In this way, the need for HRT can often be minimized or avoided. Course Objectives :
• Broadly understand…
• The impact stress has on the physiology and pathophysiology of the HPATG axis and the autonomic nervous system
• The physiology and pathophysiology associated with melatonin, cortisol, DHEA, pregnenolone, TSH, T3, T4, RT3, testosterone, progesterone, estrogen, and specifically their signaling, sensitivity, activity, metabolism, and excretion
• Recognize common antecedents and triggers and signs and symptoms associated with dysregulation of the HPATG axis
• Evaluate the most important laboratory tests to use in assessing hormone-related dysfunction, and recognize common pitfalls of lab testing
• Develop and organize individual treatment protocols using diet, nutraceuticals, botanicals, pharmaceuticals, and mind-body/behavioral interventions in the area of hormone dysregulation.
• Appropriately prescribe bioidentical hormones; understand important differences in routes of delivery, issues regarding safety and effectiveness, and HRT risks.
• Understand the controversies around breast cancer prevention and appropriately plan treatment programs for women.
• Recognize the role of the mind-body connection as antecedent, trigger, and mediator in the feed-forward cycle of chronic disease.
Hormone/Endocrine Practice Implementation
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||1.800.228.0622
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|In-Person Physician (MD, DO, DC, ND) Early Fee||16 Jul,2019||USD 1800.00|
|In-Person Physician (MD, DO, DC, ND) Regular Fee||18 Jul,2019||USD 2100.00|
|In-Person Non-Physician (all other degrees) Early Fee||16 Jul,2019||USD 1550.00|
|In-Person Non-Physician (all other degrees) Regular Fee||18 Jul,2019||USD 1850.00|
|Live Stream Physician (MD, DO, DC, ND) Early Fee||16 Jul,2019||USD 1800.00|
|Live Stream Non-Physician (all other degrees) Early Fee||16 Jul,2019||USD 1550.00|