Home Mechanical Ventilation: A Multidisciplinary Approach
Home Mechanical Ventilation: A Multidisciplinary Approach is organized by University of Michigan Department of Internal Medicine and will be held on Sep 13, 2019 at The Inn at St. John's, Plymouth, Michigan, United States of America.
This activity is appropriate for:
• House Officers, Medical Students
• Nurse Practitioners
• Nurses, Other Healthcare Professionals
• Physician Assistants
• Social Workers
In the fields of:
Critical Care Medicine
• Family Medicine
• General Medicine
• Internal Medicine
• Other Healthcare Professions
• Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
• Primary Care
• Sleep Medicine
• Social Work
This course will give providers, caregivers, patients, and families, a more comprehensive overview of home mechanical ventilation. Through both didactics and hands on sessions, the course will provide the audience with a broad overview of the complex management of patients on home mechanical ventilation.
• At the conclusion of this seminar, participants will be able to:
• understand the role of non-invasive ventilation in the management of chronic respiratory failure.
• identify indications for diaphragm pacemakers in patients with spinal cord injuries.
• understand the role of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation clinicians in the management of the chronic home vent population.
• identify specific social work needs in the home vent population.
• understand the role of a registered dietician in the care of the home vent population.
• identify indications for non-invasive ventilation in COPD.
• understand the complexities of transitions from pediatrics to adult care.
• identify the benefits of telemedicine visits in the home vent population.
• understand patient and family perspectives in the home vent population.
• understand different modes and interfaces of non-invasive ventilation.
• understand the role of airway clearance devices in the management of neuromuscular disease.
• deliver serious news to patients with terminal illness.
• understand tracheostomy management.
|Contact No. :||(734) 232-3469
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Physician Full Course Fee||13 Sep,2019||USD 250.00|
|Medical Trainee, Retired Physician, RN and Allied Health Full Course Fee||13 Sep,2019||USD 100.00|
|Michigan Medicine Faculty and Staff Full Course Fee||13 Sep,2019||USD 75.00|
|Patients and Families Full Course Fee||13 Sep,2019||USD 25.00|