High-Functioning Autism: Proven & Practical Interventions for Challenging Behaviors in Children, Adolescents & Young Adults is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Dec 10, 2019 at Hilton Garden Inn Lafayette/Cajundome, Lafayette, Louisiana, United States of America. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 6.3 contact hours / 6.25 hours of continuing education credit.
• Speech-Language Pathologists
• Speech-Language Pathology Assistants
• School Administrators
• Special Education Teachers
• General Education Teachers
• School-based Personnel
• Social Workers
• Occupational Therapists
• Occupational Therapy Assistants
• Behavioral Intervention Specialists
• Marriage & Family Therapists
• Educational Paraprofessionals
• Youth Leaders
• Probation Officers
• Other helping professionals who work with children/adolescents/young adultsCourse
This intensive, full-day seminar provides proven intervention strategies, essential treatment tools, and behavioral techniques to help you analyze behaviors and actions, identify consequences for behaviors, and teach new skills to children, adolescents and young adults with high-functioning autism (HFA). Walk away with practical intervention techniques for social success, behavior changes and overcoming challenging co-occurring behaviors that deliver success through adulthood. The challenging co-occurring issues to be addressed are:
• Social skills
• Psychotropic medications
Gain valuable insight into common psychotropic medications, including both the helpful effects and potentially problematic side effects, that these individuals are prescribed. We will explore HFA and the new DSM-5® diagnosis of Social-Pragmatic Communication Disorder. You will receive the necessary tools to gain effective collaboration between clinicians, educators and parents. Through case studies, video clips and class participation you will leave this seminar with the confidence to identify actions that cause impediments in change, utilize more successful consequences for behaviors, and teach new skills to children, adolescents, and young adults with HFA. Don’t just manage these individuals; provide interventions that can lead to successful independence into their adult years!
• Implement interventions to teach children/adolescents diagnosed with High-Functioning Autism (HFA) the skills to independently manage their own regulation, anxiety and fears.
• Design effective strategies to approach transitions and routine life challenges for children/adolescents diagnosed with HFA.
• Utilize specific interventions to improve long-term social-emotional success for children/adolescents diagnosed with HFA.
• Suggest specific sensory-based calming techniques to reduce anxiety for children/adolescents diagnosed with HFA.
• Recognize the potential side effects of psychotropic medication that can mimic or cause behavioral issues related to HFA.
• Design specific behavioral interventions to reduce frequency, intensity and duration of difficult behaviors in children/adolescents with HFA.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Early Fee||20 Nov,2019||USD 219.99|
|Single Registration - Conference fee||09 Dec,2019||USD 249.99|
|2 plus Group Rate: per person Fee||09 Dec,2019||USD 219.99|
|Coordinator Fee||09 Dec,2019||USD 30.00|
Plan Your Travel
Reviews Given by People
Hotels Near Venue
Subscribe to our Newsletterx
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates on medical conferences, board review courses and news