Heart Failure Management for Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, and Primary Care Providers is organized by Mayo Clinic and will be held from Mar 21 - 23, 2019 at Disney's BoardWalk Villas, Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is appropriate for nurse practitioners, physician assistants, registered nurses, cardiologists, and primary care providers interested in an update on heart failure. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 16 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
This course delivers a comprehensive review of the diagnosis and management of heart failure across its multiple stages. Heart failure is a prevalent and costly disease causing debilitating symptoms and excess mortality. While cardiac subspecialists provide essential testing and treatment at various stages of heart failure care, the majority of patient management is handled by primary care providers. A clinical format will highlight the practice dilemmas and key management strategies essential to enhance the attendees' confidence in caring for these challenging patients.
• Recognize the spectrum of signs and symptoms suspicious for heart failure
• Describe typical diagnostic testing essential for the diagnosis and management of patients with heart failure
• Apply appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic strategies for patients across the spectrum of heart failure
• Describe when referral for advanced heart failure therapies is indicated
• Demonstrate complex decision-making when renal and/or pulmonary hypertension co-exist with heart failure
Speakers: Barry L. Karon, M.D., Jean A. Wagner, APRN, M.S.N., C.N.P., Garvan C. Kane, M.D., Ph.D., Grace Lin, M.D.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|MD, PhD, DO, PharmD Early Fee||20 Feb,2019||USD 750.00|
|MD, PhD, DO, PharmD Conference Fee||20 Mar,2019||USD 850.00|
|Fellow, Resident, NP, PA, RN Early Fee||20 Feb,2019||USD 675.00|
|Fellow, Resident, NP, PA, RN Conference Fee||20 Mar,2019||USD 775.00|