Columbia & Cornell Gastroenterology & Hepatology - 36th Annual is organized by Columbia University Department of Medicine and will be held from Dec 05 - 07, 2019 at Columbia University Irving Medical Center, New York City, New York, United States of America. This CME conference has been approved for a maximum of 20.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Description & Objectives:
Update in Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition is a two-day review course that focuses on important recent developments and current controversies in gastrointestinal and liver disease, gastrointestinal cancers, endoscopy and abdominal organ transplantation. The format will consist of succinct presentations and extensive discussion with audience participation. During the luncheon session, participants will have an opportunity for in-depth discussions with faculty on specific topics of their choosing.
The program is targeted toward a nationwide audience of gastroenterologists, internists, medical oncologists, nutritionists and surgeons. Topics to be covered will include, among others, challenges in GI disease related to anatomical structure and function; approaches to the diagnosis and treatment of IBS and IBD; an update in treating gastrointestinal malignancies; advances in GI and advanced hepatobiliary endoscopy, and the latest state-of-the-art developments in treating viral hepatitis.
At the conclusion of the program, participants will be better able to:
• Describe new pharmacotherapy in the treatment of Inflammatory Bowel Disease, including treating Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, and enhanced surgical treatments for IBD.
• Improve the ability to monitor and both optimize and personalize the dosing of anti-TNF agents.
• Gain insight and understanding of the role and appropriate use of use anti-integrin therapy.
• Describe the safety profile of various therapeutics in treating IBD in the pregnant patient.
• Discuss the role of new therapies for hepatitis B, hepatitis C, and hepatocellular carcinoma.
• Describe new developments in the treatment of C. difficile colitis.
• Recognize the utility of pharmacologic and endoscopic therapies for reflux disease and Barrett’s esophagus.
• Gain insight on the endoscopic management of esophageal cancer.
• Describe the role of endoscopic mucosal dissection and endoscopic surgery and STER for treating early GI malignancies.
• Determine appropriate candidates for ablation of Barrett’s esophagus.
• Understand the role of new endoscopic techniques such as POEM for treating achalasia.
• Describe the role of therapeutic endoscopic ultrasound in clinical practice.
• Understand the potential role for probiotics in the management of gastrointestinal disorders.
• Learn novel endoscopic techniques for improving care of patients with complicated hepatobiliary diseases and pancreatitis.
• Recognize the clinical utility of endoscopic techniques for managing pancreatic fluid collections.
• Describe the current treatment options for chronic pancreatitis
• Improve understanding of how to evaluate and treat patients with upper gastrointestinal motility and functional bowel disorders.
• Learn optimal dosing strategies for colonoscopy bowel preparation so as to improve adenoma detection and colon cancer prevention.
|Contact No. :||(212) 305-5960
(212) 342 - 2107
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price||Quantity||Total|
Pay through our Chase-certified secure payment gateway.
* We take the highest measures to ensure your information is secure and do not store or share your information with any third parties.
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Physicians 2 days - Early Fee||01 Nov,2019||USD 475.00|
|Physicians 1 day - Early Fee||01 Nov,2019||USD 300.00|
|NYP/CUMC/Cornell Physicians 1 day - Early Fee||01 Nov,2019||USD 200.00|
|NYP/CUMC/Cornell Physicians 2 days - Early Fee||01 Nov,2019||USD 325.00|
|Allied Health Professionals (2 days) RN, PA, NP, Pharm, SW - Early Fee||01 Nov,2019||USD 350.00|
|Allied Health Professionals (1 day) RN, PA, NP, Pharm, SW - Early Fee||01 Nov,2019||USD 199.00|
|Residents and (1 day) with letter from Course Director - Early fee||01 Nov,2019||USD 100.00|
|Residents and (2 days) with letter from Course Director - Early fee||01 Nov,2019||USD 140.00|
|Live Web Conference - Early Fee||01 Nov,2019||USD 600.00|
Columbia University Irving Medical Center
William Black Medical Research Building/Alumni Auditorium, 650 West 168th Street
New York City, New York, United States of America
514 W 168th St,
New York City, New York, United States of America 10032,