Gait Recovery and Orthotic Management in Rehabilitation in Adults with Neurological Injury or Disease is organized by Therapy Network Seminars (TNS) and will be held from Nov 16 - 17, 2019 at Medstar National Rehabilitation Hospital, Washington, Dist of Col, United States of America.
This is an intermediate level workshop for PT, PTA, OT, and OTA.
A certificate of attendance for 15 Contact Hours will be awarded to each participant. All Therapy Network Seminars are pre‐approved for CEUs in the state where the course is conducted when required for PT, OT, & Assistants.
This course will provide participants with essential tools for examination and evaluation of gait in adults with neurological injury or disease, with the end goal of determining appropriate therapeutic interventions and/or orthotic management to maximize gait recovery. Stroke will be the diagnosis emphasized in the course because of its prevalence, but the course will also address gait dysfunction and recovery in spinal cord injury, Parkinson ’s disease, multiple sclerosis, peripheral neuropathy, and other neuromuscular disorders. Common gait deviations and trends in gait recovery will be discussed. Evidence based activity, exercise, and orthotic interventions specific to the rehabilitation and recovery of gait will be presented. Participants will have opportunities to see and handle orthotic examples and practice application of information through video and paper patient cases.
• Describe normal gait in terms of joint position and muscle activity by phase and body segment
• Apply knowledge of normal gait to determining specific gait deviations during pathological gait
• Hypothesize probable causative factors for specific identified gait deviations in pathological gait
• Analyze the determinants and prevalence of gait recovery following common neurological injuries or diseases
• Demonstrate the appropriate examination and evaluation techniques for assessing gait following common neurological injuries or diseases
• Identify the common gait deviations/gait patterns present in pathological gait for each of the common neurological injuries or diseases
• Identify evidence based therapeutic interventions to maximize recovery of gait in persons with neurological injuries or disease.
• Identify the role of orthotics in gait rehabilitation
• Identify and demonstrate the common gait deviations present in each of the common neurological injuries/diseases that warrant orthotic management
• Examine the major causes of these common gait deviations and how they can be corrected with proper orthotic management
• Review and appraise the evidence regarding the utilization of orthotics
• Synthesize knowledge of gait impairments and deviations, along with best practice evidence, to create the appropriate therapeutic and/or orthotic prescription
• Examine actual orthoses commonly utilized for gait and discuss/practice appropriate tuning of these braces
• Examine the use of functional electrical stimulation in gait rehabilitation for persons with neurological injury or disease
|Contact No. :||800.785.1855
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Late Registration Fee||15 Nov,2019||USD 495.00|
|Buddy Registration Fee||16 Nov,2019||USD 395.00|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Early Registration Fee||16 Oct,2019||USD 445.00|
1919 Connecticut Ave NW,
Washington, Dist of Col, United States of America 20009,
Cambria Hotel Washington, D.C. Convention Center,
899 O St NW,
Washington, Dist of Col, United States of America 20001,