‘Foundations of Neurology’ For Adult Speech And Language Therapists by UCLH
‘Foundations of Neurology’ For Adult Speech And Language Therapists is organized by University College London Hospitals (UCLH) Charity and will be held from Jul 18 - 19, 2019 at National Hospital For Neurology And Neurosurgery, London, England, United Kingdom.
This course is tailored to meet the needs of both undergraduate and newly qualified Speech and Language Therapists either working, or aiming to work, with the adult neurological population.
Increasingly sophisticated medical and surgical treatments are prolonging life and increasing life-expectancy of the population living with both acute and progressive neurological conditions. We are consequently required to meet the needs of an increasingly complex adult caseload with a broad range of neurological disorders.
There is a need for a thorough grounding in ‘the science’ behind acute and chronic neurological conditions. Taking a hypothesis-testing approach to neurology allows us to underpin the nature of presenting disorders and possible SLT interventions.
The team at The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery have brought together key speakers from the field of neurosciences to provide a two-day programme tailored specifically for Speech and Language Therapists covering the following:
Day One: The Brain
• Brain imaging and its relationship with clinical presentations
• Principles of neuroplasticity in SLT rehabilitation
• Neuro-pathophysiology in the selection of therapy treatments
• Hypothesis testing in SLT neurological assessment
Day Two: The Brainstem, Cerebellum and Peripheral nervous system
• Cranial nerve assessment and its implications
• Movement disorders: SLT role in diagnosis and management
• Differential diagnosis in SLT assessment and treatment planning
• Understanding central deficits in peripheral nervous system diseases
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||020 3448 3476
Conference Fee Details
|Conference Fee||:||GBP £200.00|
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|