Forefoot Cadaver Surgical Skills Course is organized by The Podiatry Institute, Inc. and will be held from May 02 - 05, 2019 at The Podiatry Institute, Decatur, Georgia, United States of America. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 28.0 Continuing Education Contact Hours.
The Technical Training Courses have an emphasis on cadaver surgery. During the first day surgical cases are observed and an in-depth hands-on internal fixation lab is taught using bone models. Procedures range from 5th digit arthroplasties to complex rearfoot fusions. Each participant receives the use of power equipment and internal fixation. The instruction during the labs is available on both a group and individual level. Additional time is provided to allow for exploratory dissection, or additional practice of previous procedures. Throughout the course, surgical topics are discussed and participants are encouraged to bring individual cases to discuss with the faculty. All courses are Thursday through Sunday. There is a limit of 16 attendees for each course, so please call ahead to check availability. Click the links below for more information.
• To increase the attendees comfort with performing common podiatric forefoot and basic rearfoot surgical procedures through live surgical observation and hands on participation with cadaver limbs.
• Identify weaknesses in attendees surgical technique and improve those skills through hands on participation with cadaver limbs and other manual skills labs.
• Learn multiple, alternative options for fixation of osteotomies and/or fractures
• Expose the surgeon to new surgical techniques and latest trends to increase the attendees armamentarium of surgical procedures and techniques
• Establish understanding of pre-op indications and criteria for surgical procedures to improve selection of the appropriate procedure
• Decrease potential of post-op complications by increasing attendees understanding of proper surgical technique and choice of fixation
• Refresh knowledge on hospital protocol for inpatient and ER patients through participation in hospital rounds
• Improve practice management skills by group discussions
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||(770) 939-0393
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Listener Registration Early Fee||15 Dec,2020||USD 250.00|
The Podiatry Institute
Emory Decatur Hospital, 2675 Professional Building, 2675 North Decatur Rd., Ste. 309
Decatur, Georgia, United States of America
Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Decatur Downtown/Emory,
130 Clairemont Avenue,
Decatur, Georgia, United States of America 30030,