FM UQ: Functional Mobilization Upper Quadrant is organized by The Institute of Physical Art, Inc. (IPA) and will be held from Apr 26 - May 11, 2019 at Vardan, New Delhi, Delhi, India. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 33 Contact Hours.
PT, PTA, OT, SPT
Attendees agree to utilize all skills of evaluation, assessment and treatment learned in this course to the extent allowed under the regulations of their professional practice act. By registering you acknowledge that your attendance does not represent authorization by the IPA, or any of its officers, to utilize any of the material learned which may lie outside of the strict interpretation of your practice act.
This approach, developed and taught by Gregory S. Johnson, PT, FFFMT, FAAOMPT, presents the dynamic principles and procedures of Functional MobilizationTM as an evaluation and treatment component of the Functional Manual Therapy® treatment model. Functional MobilizationTM couples active and resisted movement (PNF) with soft tissue and joint mobilization to facilitate normalization of mechanical, neuromuscular, and motor control dysfunctions. The participant is trained to evaluate each movement segment through the use of PNF patterns and to combine the selective pattern into the full trunk and extremity patterns. Instruction will emphasize the treatment of both hypomobile structures and the stabilization of hypermobile segments with prolonged holds to promote activation of the core muscle’s contraction.
• Develop specific FM progression strategies to enhance functional capacity of the upper quadrant.
• Develop competence for assessment and treatment of focus areas: cranium, TMJ, sub-cranial region, cervical spine, thoracic cage, shoulder girdle, glenohumeral joint, elbow, wrist, and upper limb neural mobilization.
• Develop home exercises to augment the FM treatment strategies.
• Dynamically incorporate passive, active, and resisted associated movements with joint and soft tissue mobilization integrated with functional neuromuscular training.
• Learn advanced assessment of neuro-dynamics and specific tracing and isolating for dynamic Functional Mobilization™ of neurovascular restrictions.
• Develop strategic evaluation and treatment skills to enhance regional interdependence:UQ: rib cage, shoulder girdle, shoulder, elbow, wrist/hand, C-spine and cranium.
• Discuss the evidence for the FMUQ material. FMUQ Bibliography
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||970 870-9521
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Course Early Fee||28 Mar,2019||USD 775.00|
|Course Standard Fee||25 Apr,2019||USD 861.00|