Family-Centered Maternity Care Live Course is organized by American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) and will be held from Jul 24 - 27, 2019 at Hyatt Regency Reston, Washington, Dist of Col, United States of America.
Family-Centered Maternity Care offers everything you need to stay current in your practice. Learn the latest information on the skills you use every day in sessions, including infections in pregnancy, postpartum care, elective cesarean sections, stillbirth, and more.
CME Credit Statement:
This Live activity, Family-Centered Maternity Care, with a beginning date of July 24, 2019, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 30.5 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this Live activity for a maximum of 30.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Note: Topics are subject to change.
• Billing and Coding for Maternity Care
• Cardiovascular Disease and Pregnancy
• Cesarean Epidemic -- Preventing the First and Repeat Cesareans
• Chorioamnionitis, Endometritis, and Neonatal Sepsis
• Current State of OB Care in the U.S.
• Diabetes: Pre-gestational and Gestational
• Elective Cesarean Sections: The Ethics of Patient Decision-Making in Shared Decision Making
• Genetic Screening & Non-invasive Diagnostic Testing
• Infections in Pregnancy: Influenza, HIV, and Zika Virus Update
• Labor Dystocia
• Labor Induction vs. Expectant Management: ARRIVE has arrived
• Legislative Advocacy to Improve Patient Outcomes
• Management of Category 2 Tracings
• Management of Persistent Occiput Posterior (OP) Malposition
• Maternal Health Disparities in the U.S.
• Obesity in Pregnancy and Childbirth: Managing & Preventing Complications
• OB Triage: Common complaints in the Emergency Department
• Opioid Epidemic and Pregnancy
• Postpartum Care: Fourth Trimester Recommendations
• Postpartum VTE: AIM Patient Safety Bundle
• Preconception & Interconception Care
• Pregnancy Care for the LGBTQ Community
• Prematurity Prevention and Treatment
• Prenatal Care: Evidence-based review of the basics
• Postpartum Hemorrhage: Patient Safety Bundle Focus
• Rural Maternity Care
• Trauma Informed Care for Pregnant Women
• Vaginal Seeding
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Demonstrate an understanding of common clinical problems seen in maternity care, centered on the family.
• Construct evidence-based strategies to diagnose and treat common conditions related to maternity care.
• Prepare plans to address emerging public health topics that patients may present with and address concerns.
Clinical Procedural Workshops:
Nexplanon Clinical Training Program: Family-Centered Maternity Care
Wednesday, July 10, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Please note: Space is limited to 30 participants. You must register for this event during your Family-Centered Maternity Care registration, as on-site registration will not be open.
(#101) Thursday, July 25, 12:45 - 2:45 p.m. or
(#102) Thursday, July 25, 3:30 - 5:30 p.m
IUDs & Other Long Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC)
(#103) Thursday, July 25, 12:45 - 2:45 p.m. or
(#104) Thursday, July 25, 3:30 - 5:30 p.m
Osteopathic Treatment of Common Discomforts in Pregnancy - Basic
(#105) Thursday, July 25, 12:45 - 2:45 p.m. or
(#106) Thursday, July 25, 3:30 - 5:30 p.m
Basic & Advanced Sessions (Basic for non-DOs, Advanced for DOs and others with related experience).
Repair of Vaginal, Cervical and Basic 1st/2nd Degree Perineal Lacerations
(#107) Thursday, July 25, 12:45 - 2:45 p.m.
Vaginal Breech Delivery
(#108) Thursday, July 25, 3:30 - 5:30 p.m.
Balloon Therapy - Induction and Postpartum Hemorrhage/QBL
(#109) Friday July 26, 1:15 - 3:15 p.m. or
(#110) Friday July 26, 4:00 - 6:00 p.m
Management of First Trimester Pregnancy Loss
(#111) Friday July 26, 1:15 - 3:15 p.m. or
(#112) Friday July 26, 4:00 - 6:00 p.m
Non-Pharmacologic Approaches for Pain Management in Labor
(#113) Friday July 26, 1:15 - 3:15 p.m. or
(#114) Friday July 26, 4:00 - 6:00 p.m
Repair of Vaginal, Cervical and Basic 3rd/4th Degree Perineal Lacerations
(#115) Friday July 26, 1:15 - 3:15 p.m. or
(#116) Friday July 26, 4:00 - 6:00 p.m
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Nonmember Early Bird Fee||21 Jun,2019||USD 1195.00|
|Nonmember Standard Fee||23 Jul,2019||USD 1295.00|
|AAFP Member Early Bird Fee||21 Jun,2019||USD 895.00|
|AAFP Member Standard Fee||23 Jul,2019||USD 995.00|
|New Physicians Early Bird Fee||21 Jun,2019||USD 845.00|
|New Physicians Standard Fee||23 Jul,2019||USD 945.00|
|Student or Resident Early Bird Fee||21 Jun,2019||USD 645.00|
|Student or Resident Standard Fee||23 Jul,2019||USD 745.00|
|Allied Health Early Bird Fee||21 Jun,2019||USD 1195.00|
|Allied Health Standard Fee||23 Jul,2019||USD 1295.00|