Ethical Dilemmas and Decision Making in Behavioral Health: How to Practice in a Safe and Ethical Way is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Nov 21, 2019 at Holiday Inn St. Louis-Fairview Heights, Fairview Heights, Illinois, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s).
• Case Managers
• Social Workers
• Marriage & Family Therapists
• Addiction Counselors
• Other Mental Health Professionals
As a mental health professional, you are confronted on a regular basis with the challenges of complex ethical and legal issues. Knowing and applying an ethical decision making framework will provide you with tools to:
• manage ethical issues in a systematic way
• separate facts from assumptions and biases
• track the potential harms of each course of action
• formulate an ethical rationale for selecting the least harmful option
• decide on the most appropriate way to implement your choice
• assess what went wrong, or could go wrong, so you can prevent it from happening
• Utilize an ethical decision making framework to recognize, analyze, resolve and/or prevent ethical problems and dilemmas in your clinical practice.
• Communicate how an understanding of common boundary and dual relationship issues/dilemmas can help you maintain appropriate relationships with your clients.
• Determine conditions and limits of self-determination in order to avoid negatively impacting the therapeutic alliance.
• Identify ethical issues concerning confidentiality and informed consent, recognize their limits and employ safeguards in your clinical practice.
• Analyze the limits of confidentiality as it relates to duty to warn law in clinical practice.
• Recognize ethical challenges you should consider when responding to subpoenas that request disclosure of client records.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Early Fee||01 Nov,2019||USD 219.99|
|Single Registration - Final Fee||20 Nov,2019||USD 249.99|
|2+ Group Rate: per person - Registration Fee||21 Nov,2019||USD 219.99|