Essential Strategies for Chronic Pain Management (Jun 17, 2019)
Essential Strategies for Chronic Pain Management is organized by University of Calgary - Continuing Medical Education and Professional Development and will be held on Jun 17, 2019 at Richmond Road Diagnostic and Treatment Centre, Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Mainpro+ Group Learning – 69.0 credits
Day 1 – 24.0 credits
Day 2 and Day 3 – 45.0 credits
Day 1 MOC Section 3 – 28.5 credits
Day 2 and Day 3 MOC Section 2 – 30.0 credits
Who Should Attend:
All Healthcare Providers including Physicians, Physician's Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Pharmacists, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Nutritionists, Kinesiologists and Pain Researchers
Family physicians are responsible for the majority of the management of chronic pain. Day one of this course will be held in a classroom setting to provide an overview of key issues in chronic pain. Days two and three will be arranged as observership days, in conjunction with the Course Coordinator at the Chronic Pain Centre, and will provide a clinical preceptorship that responds to the needs of the individual learner.
• Gain sufficient knowledge of the physiological, anatomical and psychological mechanisms of pain to be able to explain it in plain language to patients
• Know how to assess the biological, psychological and socio-economic aspects of pain
• Acquire some useful tips for managing patients with chronic pain in a primary care setting; including communication skills, medication management and basic counselling skills
• Become aware of the resources available in the community to support patients with chronic pain
• Practice interviewing, physical examination and treatment skills.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||403.943.9910
Conference Fee Details
|Early Fee Last date||:||NA|