2019 Dental Management of the Aging and Medically Complex Patient
2019 Dental Management of the Aging and Medically Complex Patient is organized by Emory University Continuing Dental Education, Emory University School of Medicine and will be held on Dec 07, 2019 at The Westin Buckhead Atlanta, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America.
Who Should Attend?
Dentists, dental hygienists, dental assistants and all members of the dental team will benefit from this clinically focused program.
Emory University School of Medicine designates this live activity for 5.25 continuing dental education credits.
Older adults are the fastest growing segment of our population and are maintaining their natural teeth much longer. Increasing numbers of older adults with more teeth means there is an increased need for dental care in this group. However, with advanced age often comes more chronic diseases and more medications to treat these diseases. This has the potential to make routine dental care and patient management more complicated. Understanding the implications of systemic diseases such as cardiovascular disease and diabetes and recognizing the unique needs of older adults will allow the dentist to provide safe and appropriate care.
This course will address the dental management of older adults and patients with complex medical conditions and provide the knowledge to assess the risks when treating this population.
After attending this program, you should be comfortable with...
• Assessing risks in treating Individuals with complex medical conditions and knowing when to refer.
• Identifying unique dental problems associated with aging and how to provide optimum care for older adults.
• Treating patients with cardiovascular disease and hypertension including those taking anticoagulants.
• Managing patients with diabetes and chronic kidney disease including patients on dialysis and those with renal transplants.
• Identifying medications which can impact dental treatment.
|Contact No. :||(404) 727-5695
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Dentist Early fee||01 Nov,2019||USD 310.00|
|Dentist Regular Fee||06 Dec,2019||USD 385.00|
|Auxiliary Early Fee||01 Nov,2019||USD 275.00|
|Auxiliary Regular fee||06 Dec,2019||USD 295.00|