Emergency Medicine: Cardiac Emergencies and Sudden Cardiac Arrest featuring Stanley Malamed, DDS is organized by Orange County Dental Society (OCDS) and will be held on Sep 10, 2019 at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Santa Ana - Orange County Airport, Santa Ana, California, United States of America. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 2.5 CE Credits.
Medical emergencies can, and do, occur in the practice of dentistry. The occurrence of cardiovascular problems, such as chest pain (angina and myocardial infarction) and sudden cardiac arrest, are likely to increase with the graying of the American population. In this program Dr. Malamed with address these problems and the means to prepare the dental office to effectively recognize and manage those that might arise. The use and significance of AEDs will be stressed.
On completion of this program the student should be able to:
• Describe the four steps in preparing the dental office for medical emergencies that might arise.
• Describe the pathophysiology of angina pectoris and its management.
• Describe the pathophysiology of acute myocardial infarction and its management.
• Describe the pathophysiology of sudden cardiac arrest and its management.
• Describe the mechanism of action of automated external defibrillators (AEDs)
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||(714) 634-8992
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Non OCDS/CDA/ADA Members Early fee||05 Sep,2019||USD 198.00|
|OCDS/CDA/ADA Members and Non - Dentist Staff Early fee||05 Sep,2019||USD 99.00|
|Life Retired (no longer practicing) Early fee||05 Sep,2019||USD 50.00|