Emergency Medicine Basic Research Skills (EMBRS) Workshop is organized by American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) and will be held during Nov 04, 2019 - Apr 14, 2020 at ACEP Headquarters, Dallas, Texas, United States of America.
The target audience for this medical event is designed by a task force of experienced investigators to help the physician with an interest in emergency medicine research get started. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 89 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
EMBRS is a 10-day, 2-session program. The first session is held in November and the second session is held in April. You must complete the November session before attending the April session.
• Session I will be held during Nov 04 - 10, 2019
• Session II will be held during Apr 14 - 16, 2020
This basic-level course targets:
• Junior faculty with limited research experience
• Physicians in academic and community centres who are interested in research but have little training in research basics
• Physicians who have as part of their duties involvement in research, including mentoring young researchers
• Fellows in non-research fellowships.
• Design Basics for Clinical Research
• Research Methods
• Searching the Literature & Reading Critically
• Statistics and Statistical Reporting
• Research Design
• IRB and Informed Consent: The Process
• Ethical and Regulatory Issues in Research
• FDA Approved and Other Clinical Trials
• Presenting Research
• Grant Proposal Presentations with Critiques from the Experts
• Presentation of Research Project Proposals with Critiques from the Experts
• Finding Funding Sources
• Grant Writing
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.