Emergency Medicine Basic Research Skills (EMBRS) Workshop is organized by American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) and will be held from Dec 02, 2019 - Apr 16, 2020 at ACEP Headquarters, Dallas, Texas, United States of America. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 73 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
EMBRS is a 9-day, 2-session program. The first session is held in the fall/winter and the second session is held in the spring. You must complete the Fall/Winter session before attending the Spring session. This program provides a broad overview of the basics of research from idea to IRB approval to final presentation and publication. Participants will learn how to identify clinical research opportunities and become familiar with clinical research and outcomes, injury prevention, health care delivery and effectiveness research. Also, the course includes an introduction to statistics and statistical software and sessions on publishing and presenting your research.
• Session I Dec 02 - 07, 2019
• Session II Apr 14 - 16, 2020
The EMBRS workshop is specifically designed to help you hone and improve your research skills or program. This is a great course for young faculty, those interested in improving their skills as a researcher, and physicians who are involved in research as part of their duties. Participants are also eligible to receive an EMF/EMBRS grant based on their research grant application.
This basic-level course targets:
• Junior faculty with limited research experience
• Physicians in academic and community centres who are interested in research but have little training in research basics
• Physicians who have as part of their duties involvement in research, including mentoring young researchers
• Fellows in non-research fellowships.
• Design Basics for Clinical Research
• Research Methods
• Searching the Literature & Reading Critically
• Statistics and Statistical Reporting
• Research Design
• IRB and Informed Consent: The Process
• Ethical and Regulatory Issues in Research
• FDA Approved and Other Clinical Trials
• Presenting Research
• Grant Proposal Presentations with Critiques from the Experts
• Presentation of Research Project Proposals with Critiques from the Experts
• Finding Funding Sources
• Grant Writing
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
|Contact No. :||800-798-1822
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Non-member - Fee||01 Dec,2019||USD 2150.00|
|ACEP Member - Fee||01 Dec,2019||USD 1950.00|