Echo in the Nation's Capital: Practical Review of Adult Echo for Physicians and Sonographers is organized by Mayo Clinic Cardiovascular Medicine CME (CV CME) and will be held from May 02 - 04, 2019 at Fairmont Washington D.C., Georgetown, Washington, Dist of Col, United States of America.
This course is designed for physicians and cardiac sonographers who perform and interpret echo exams and wish to enhance their knowledge of the echocardiographic assessment of adult cardiac disease. Participants with a basic knowledge of echocardiographic techniques and applications will benefit most from this program.
Credit Statement (s):
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this live activity for a maximum of 17 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 17.00 Medical Knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine's (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider's responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Course Description :
The program is designed to provide a practical review of the current uses and limitations of two-dimensional echocardiography, Doppler, and color flow imaging in the assessment of adult myocardial, ischemic, pericardial, and valvular disease. Traditional topics in the field of echocardiography including assessment of systolic and diastolic function, quantitative Doppler, and stress echocardiography will be presented. In addition, newer techniques including 3D echo and strain imaging will be discussed.
• Apply Doppler principles and hemodynamics to the assessment of valvular heart disease and the systematic assessment of prosthetic valves;
• Utilize the proper technique for the assessment and clinical application of diastolic function;
• Identify echo characteristics of systemic diseases;
• Recognize pathology and echocardiographic findings of ischemic heart disease and mechanical complications of myocardial infarction;
• Describe clinical applications of stress echocardiography;
• Identify the two-dimensional and Doppler findings for pericardial disease;
• Recognize the role of new technology in the field of echocardiography including 3D and interventional echo and strain imaging;
• Recognize echo features of cardiac masses and diseases of the aorta.
Speakers: Patricia Pellikka, M.D., Sunil Mankad, M.D., Steve Lester, M.D., Joseph Maalouf, M.D.
Time: 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
|Contact No. :||800.283.6296
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|MD, PhD, DO, Pharm D - Early Fee||22 Apr,2019||USD 725.00|
|MD, PhD, DO, Pharm D - Regular Fee||01 May,2019||USD 825.00|
|Fellows, PA, NP, RN Technologist, Cardiac Sonographer - Early Fee||22 Apr,2019||USD 675.00|
|Fellows, PA, NP, RN Technologist, Cardiac Sonographer - Regular Fee||01 May,2019||USD 775.00|