Dyslexia: Building NEW Neuropathways to Master Visual and Auditory Memory, Visual Perceptual Skills, Visual Motor Skill Development & More! is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Dec 05, 2019 at Best Western Plus Thousand Oaks Inn, Thousand Oaks, California, United States of America. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 6.25 hours of continuing education credit /6.0 contact hours.
Dyslexia – the invisible disability that impacts 1:5 individuals!
It’s not just an issue of trying harder or paying attention.
You know the stories you hear from your clients – hours of studying just to forget it all on a test the following day, constant lack of ability to understand what they read, difficulty remembering lists or instructions beyond three, the overwhelming frustration of knowing what they want to say or do, but not being able to express it on paper or get the words out, socially withdrawn in attempt to hide their struggles.
In this seminar, you will have the opportunity to practice treatment ideas that will incorporate the use of client-centered everyday routines, games, technology, sensory and hands-on approaches to help your client overcome the challenges of life with dyslexia.
Upon completion of this program, you will be able to immediately provide treatment to address your client’s:
• Visual perceptual skills
• Visual motor integration
• Auditory and visual memory
• Reading rate, accuracy, fluency, comprehension
• Phonetic awareness and memory
• Spelling and handwriting struggles
Turn everyday activities into successful treatment!
• Analyze the 3 types of dyslexia and apply compensatory strategies to each specific type, such as recital, chunking, and mnemonics as they apply to visual and auditory memory.
• Determine the executive cognitive functions and treatment methodologies that impact processing speed and reading comprehension.
• Choose treatment strategies to address visual perceptual, visual motor integration, auditory and visual memory deficits to increase handwriting legibility, reading comprehension, and ability to follow multi-step directions.
• Communicate how to integrate electronic and low tech games into treatment activities to increase reading comprehension, ability to follow multi-step directions for increased academic success.
• Identify ICD-10 treatment diagnostic codes and CPT billing codes to properly bill for reimbursement.
• Establish 3 strategies to improve client’s ability to recall multi-step instructions and letter sequence for spelling.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Conference Fee||04 Dec,2019||USD 249.99|
|2 plus Group Rate per Person - Conference Fee||04 Dec,2019||USD 219.99|
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Early Fee||15 Nov,2019||USD 219.99|