Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Certificate Course; 2-Day Intensive Training is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held from Apr 15 - 16, 2019 at Courtyard by Marriott Grand Rapids Downtown, Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States of America.
• Social Workers
• Marriage and Family Therapists
• Addiction Counselors
• Case Managers
• Mental Health Professionals
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) is an empirically validated approach for working with mental health, chemical dependency, and complex co-morbidity. Designed to empower clients to establish mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotional regulation, and interpersonal effectiveness, DBT assists clinicians in treating clients with emotional problems, suicidal, self-harm, and self-sabotaging urges and behaviors, and challenging interpersonal styles.
Attend this 2-day certificate course and receive a detailed understanding and foundation of the skills of Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) as applied to clients with mental health and chemical dependency issues. Going beyond symptom management, these skills are designed to improve functioning to build satisfying lives.
This course explores DBT’s theoretical basis, specific DBT interventions, and how to teach skills in individual and group settings. Familiarity with these skills and techniques along with experiential exercises will enhance your clinical skills and professional development.
• Integrate the theory and techniques of DBT into your clinical practice.
• Teach DBT skills in the areas of Mindfulness, Distress Tolerance, Emotional Regulation and Interpersonal Effectiveness.
• Incorporate how to integrate DBT skills into your individual and group therapy.
• Utilize DBT skills in mental health, chemical dependency and complex co-morbidity.
• Designate additional tools and resources for implementing DBT.
• Articulate a variety of strategies for teaching DBT skills.
• Create an effective DBT clinical process.
• Practice DBT to a variety of clinical presentations.
• Implement DBT in different formats and settings.
• Practice streamlined diary cards and chain analysis.
• Explore how to balance levels of validation with the most effective behavior change methods.
• Develop a plan to increase your DBT competency.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration: Advance Price||26 Mar,2019||USD 399.99|
|Single Registration Fee||14 Apr,2019||USD 439.99|
|2+ Group Rate: per person||14 Apr,2019||USD 399.99|