Counseling Grief Clients: Functional Interventions for Everyday Use is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on Nov 21, 2019 at Ramada Hotel & Conference Center by Wyndham Lansing, Lansing, Michigan, United States of America. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 6.3 contact hours / 6.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) / 6.0 clock hours.
• Marriage and Family Therapists
• Social Workers
• Pastoral Counselors
• Mental Health Nurses
• Funeral Directors
• Case Managers
• Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners
• Addiction Counselors
• Nursing Home Administrators
Clinicians often struggle to develop an effective approach to counseling grief clients due to the uniqueness of each individual’s grief. The last 10-15 years have seen an explosion of new research in the field and many new studies have turned what we thought we knew on its head.
Explore this new research about appropriate diagnosis of grief clients, ideas for how to assess grief severity and related constructs, and clarification about what is meant by “complicated grief.” Review the most commonly used current models for understanding grief and leave with tools, including 20 interventions, to more confidently assist clients in navigating the adaptive, yet confusing and difficult, grief process. The seminar will end with a focus on self-care, discussion how to appropriately manage and care for ourselves in this demanding, yet fulfilling, work.
Conference Objectives are:
• Articulate current models for conceptualizing grief and how these influence treatment planning.
• Analyze and differentiate clinical symptoms to diagnose grief clients appropriately.
• Implement functional interventions for grief counseling adaptable to use with any clients.
• Demonstrate three new interventions to use with bereaved clients.
• Determine when grief has become “complicated” and develop an appropriate treatment strategy.
• Develop strategies of self-awareness and self-care for grief counselors as it relates to clinical practice.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration - Early fee||01 Nov,2019||USD 219.99|
|Single Registration - Regular fee||20 Nov,2019||USD 249.99|
|2 plus Group: per person fee||20 Nov,2019||USD 219.99|