Precision Medicine: Concepts, Methods and Clinical Implementation is organized by Persona Biomed, Inc. and will be held from Dec 02 - 04, 2019 at Alexandria, Virginia, United States of America.
Precision Medicine comprises customized diagnostic and therapeutic strategies targeting patients with susceptibility to a distinct disease condition, based on individualized and family genomic background, environmental effects, lifestyle habits and co-morbidities.
It is an emerging clinical field that integrates broadly validated results from investigations of molecular and genetic basis of diseases with prevention, diagnosis and treatment of the individual patient. It is also a necessary aspiration if we are to achieve a health care delivery system that can provide accessible, high-quality, and efficient clinical care.
While it has tremendous potential to contribute to improving outcomes and decreasing cost of treatments, there remain important challenges to its clinical implementation that need attention, including:
1) education of physicians for successfully transition to using Precision Medicine at their medical practice; 2) integrating molecular and genetic guidance into routine healthcare delivery;
3) securing patient engagement and trust;
4) regulating new Laboratory Developed Tests (LDTs) and targeted therapies;
5) generating the evidentiary support for Precision Medicine;
6) data-sharing and infrastructure needs;
7) economics of Precision Medicine and the new business models that simultaneously reduce the cost but improve the quality of care;
8) information technologies in the logistics management ensuring that data from patients are protected and used ethically.
On this basis, this 20 hour-course (4 hours per session, 5 days) has been mainly designed to meet the educational needs of physicians and other health care providers who see patients and have the desire of understanding newest concepts, methods and procedures of Precision Medicine, its cost-effectiveness and its distinct business model, commercialization channels and reimbursement.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be better able to adopt Precision Medicine in their clinical practice supported by a broad understanding on:
• Precision Medicine models of healthcare
• Clinical use and interpretation of LDTs for enhanced diagnosis and therapy of patients.
• Laboratory and information technologies and their regulatory environments in healthcare.
• Precision Medicine business models, marketing, commercialization and reimbursement.
• Concepts and main ethical, legal, economic, social and operational issues around how molecular biomarkers, genomic data, aggregated clinical data, and patient-reported data are being brought to bear on predicting disease susceptibility, refining diagnoses and personalizing treatments.
• Background and New Trends in Precision Medicine
• Precision Medicine Adoption, Regulation and Outcomes Monitoring
• Economics and Business Models of Precision Medicine
• Clinical Case Studies in Precision Internal Medicine
• Clinical Case Studies in Precision Cancer Medicine
Health care professionals completing this course will earn 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
|Contact No. :||+1 703-299-0246
|Registration Type||Last Date||Price||Quantity||Total|
Pay through our Chase-certified secure payment gateway.