Cognitive & Memory Decline Assessment & Intervention: Effective Techniques for Alzheimer’s, TBI, Concussion and Stroke is organized by PESI HealthCare and will be held on May 31, 2019 at The Marian House, Cherry Hill, New Jersey, United States of America. This Conference has been approved for a maximum of 6.3 Contact Hours.
• Occupational Therapists
• Occupational Therapy Assistants
• Speech-Language Pathologists
• Physical Therapists
• Physical Therapist Assistants
• Social Workers
• Nursing Home Administrators
• Assisted Living Administrators
• Long Term/Acute Care Professionals
• Case Managers
• Activity Directors
• Recreational Therapists
Often overlooked, many co-morbidities and reversible factors can complicate accurate identification of the root cause of your client’s cognitive/memory decline – leading you down a frustrating treatment path that fails to get results.
This dynamic and interactive training will leave you confident in your ability to intervene with cognitive/memory decline related to early stage Alzheimer’s, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), concussion, Cerebral Vascular Accidents (CVA’s) and Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI). You will learn the latest evidence-based assessment and treatment interventions for cognitive/memory impairment as well as master the insight necessary to select the most appropriate interventions and safe discharge environments. We will also discuss the impact of ethnicity, education level, obesity, diabetes and other contributing factors that must be considered in the intervention of cognitive/memory decline.
Attend and you will learn:
• Cognitive, stimulation activities, exercise programs and non-medication therapy for depression, sleep issues and mental inactivity
• Computer-based cognitive training, compensatory strategies, spaced retrieval and effective and safe environmental interventions
• Assessments for executive function, fall risk, driving ability and overall safety
• Evidence-based interventions to make new neural connections
• How to prioritize treatment sessions to focus on your client’s functional deficits
• Effective communication strategies for dealing with clients, families, peers and MD’s
• Assess the limitations and strengths of the most commonly used cognitive assessments to inform client’s level of functioning.
• Utilize an assessment tool that quickly determines a client’s ability to retain new information.
• Implement effective treatment interventions, including Computer-Based Cognitive Training, in the management of memory/cognition decline.
• Characterize at least six conditions/co-morbidities that impact cognitive/memory function and design intervention strategies that with remediation, may lead to an improvement in cognition/memory ability.
• Categorize normal vs. abnormal cognitive/memory deficits and implement appropriate interventions
• Implement effective functional intervention strategies that will have an impact on a client’s functional cognitive/memory status as well as ADL/IADL independence.
|Contact No. :||(800) 844-8260
|Registration Type||End Date||Price|
|Single Registration Early Fee||11 May,2019||USD 199.99|
|Single Registration Conference Fee||30 May,2019||USD 229.99|
|2+ Group Rate: per person Fee||30 May,2019||USD 199.99|
|Coordinator Fee||30 May,2019||USD 30.00|