Medical/Dental Healthcare Needs is organized by Professional Education Society (PES) and will be held during Jul 29 - Aug 05, 2019 at Iceland Circumnavigation Cruise Roundtrip Reykjavik, Reykjavik, Reykjavikurborg, Iceland. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 12.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
PES is fortunate to have dental and medical practitioners representing a variety of specialties participating in the CME/CE sessions. PES understands the importance of offering inter-professional healthcare education, allowing colleagues to gain cross-specialty perspectives and updates in the treatment and prevention of disease. The need to adapt best practice models in the context of emerging healthcare reforms impacting patient care delivery and access to care is an important issue for all healthcare practitioners.
Icelanders have long been proud of their health care system and believed it to be among the best in the world. For a long time, Icelanders enjoyed (along with Japan) the highest life expectancy in the world. Iceland is a developed country and as such its major health issues are similar to countries in other parts of the Western World. Mental health problems and obesity seem to be the topics most frequently covered by the media. Another common issue is the status of the health care system itself which seems to be in a decline. All Icelandic citizens are covered by the national health insurance scheme. The system is mostly financed by taxes although a small fraction is paid with service fees (15%). The Icelandic healthcare system is divided into four different categories: health care clinics, health institutions such as mental health faculties and institutions with long term in-patients, university hospitals and teaching hospitals. Major hospitals include the Landspitali University Hospital in Reykjavik and the Akureyri Hospital.
Confronting the challenges of delivering quality patient care in the face of increased budget restriction and resources within the overall framework of continued healthcare reform is fast becoming a global issue for healthcare practitioners. It is timely to provide an overview of the current status of healthcare delivery systems, their impact on populations and how key health issues are addressed in both the UK and North America.
• Seven-night luxury circumnavigation cruise of Iceland aboard the intimate Ponant Le Boréal
• Explore Reykjavik, Iceland’s capital, with its eclectic architecture, vibrant museum and art scene and the Blue Lagoon geothermal pool
• Cross the Arctic Circle on Grímsey Island and cruise along the coast of Surtsey, Earth’s youngest island and a UNESCO World Heritage site
• Opportunities to explore Iceland’s most spectacular waterfalls, stunning landscapes, charming fishing towns and stations, amazing lava towers, craters, lakes, and lagoons
• Discover an abundance of wildlife in their natural habitat, including the adorable puffins, northern fulmars, gulls, arctic terns and black guillemots, plus harbor porpoises and humpback whales
• All meals – gourmet cuisine with a French touch – in a choice of two restaurants and 24-hour room service
• Complimentary wines, house champagne and spirits, as well as specialty coffee drinks, soft drinks, juices, bottled water and afternoon tea service
• Pre-paid gratuities for housekeeping, bar, and dining staff
• Theater for naturalist lectures and evening entertainment
• Ample onboard leisure areas including the main lounge, an intimate piano bar, swimming pool with deck seating and bar, and a library
• Onboard fitness center, plus a hair salon and full service spa
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Contact No. :||1-877-737-7005|
July 28, 2018
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|CME/CE Professional Seminar Fee||28 Jul,2019||USD 695.00|
|Seminar Attendance Fee||28 Jul,2019||USD 450.00|
|Cruise per person deposit Fee||28 Jul,2019||USD 1500.00|